Chapter 10:Jeff's past (Part 2)

You hopelessly stared at the gray sky as you banged your fists on the barrier.What was happening was just unfair, Jeff needed you and yet the most you could do was watch him getting more depressed and sad as days went by.Will you be stuck here forever? Will you spend the rest of your life hoping that something would change, that someone would come and rescue you?

You watched as the sun rose up in the sky,signaling that it was finally morning. It's not like it made a big difference for you,but at least now you could see a bit better what was happening inside your house.
Indeed,as days went by the barrier started to loosen up a little,allowing you to step a little further,so now you were fiddling with your fingers in front of the fence.You shot up your head to Jeff's window as you heard him shouting and yelling at someone

"Do you really expect me to go at the party after all that happened?!!" he said. Wait,was it already the day of the party?
As you were stuck in this place,you completely lost cognition of time.You had no idea what day was today,for all days were the same.
Jeff would go to school early in the morning ,and you would often watch him walking back home with his head hung down lost in his thoughts.
Who knows,maybe something would change today?Maybe you'd be free from this hell?You didn't know.You even lost hope of coming back to your own home...

"Jeff,we already agreed on going to the kid's birthday" you heard his mom say with a sigh.

"Fine!" He yelled as he shut his door tightly and came out of it a bit later. You couldn't tell what he was wearing for you were too far away,but you clearly heard his mom and father scold him and telling him to go change into something fancier.
Luckily for you,Barbara's house was just a few meters away from the invisible barrier holding you from interacting with Jeff,so you could watch what was happening in the kid's yard.You watched as him,along with his parents dressed with fancy clothes was walking towards the fully decorated house,as little kids were playing with fake guns wearing a cowboy hat.Unfortunately from your position, you could see nothing of the house,only a huge sliding glass and a long hallway,leading who knows where.

"We are here!" Jeff's mom said cheerfully as she waved at Barbara and exchanged a few hugs,while Jeff just grunted and rolled his eyes.He leaned his back on the fence and just watched the little kids play

"Do you want to join us?" A little kid asked him,giving Jeff the best puppy eyes he could

"Uhg...fine" he said as he put on the hat the kid gave him and started to pretend to shoot other kids with his fake gun.You giggled softly and covered your mouth,scared he could hear you even tho you knew he couldn't. He looked so ridiculous... Yet so relaxed. I think that playing got his mind off me,I mean Liu.
What could possibly go wrong now?You shuddered and hugged yourself as the temperature suddenly dropped. You looked around and then moved your gaze to the sky,as it went from the typical gray color to...a reddish one?You bit your tongue and quickly looked at Jeff in fear.
That was it,something wrong was about to happen.

"Look who's here...Jeff the bastard"a voice said as a rolling sound was heard.You froze at the instant.

No no no no no.It couldn't be them.They went away ,right?They learned their lesson,right?You looked over the fence and noticed as Randy,along with his two friends were approaching Jeff fast.

Too fast

"God make them go away,please" you begged while looking up at the sky as you heard Randy and his friends picking up a fight with Jeff.
Even if you knew that Jeff was stronger, he was quickly hit in the nose as Randy held him by his hair and head butted him as they then rose to their feet. You watched as Jeff was then thrown into the house as kids and parents quickly ran away...You couldn't see anything from your position,and honestly by the sound of broken glass and screams,you didn't want to.You kicked the barrier as you yelled at jeff to run away and let the bullies go,but with no use for the barrier was too strong and he couldn't hear you.The fight went on for too long,more shattered glass was heard and occasionally you would hear someone falling down only to stand up right after.
Everything went quiet for a moment.Maybe Jeff won over them?Maybe they stopped fighting?