Chapter 12: Strong enough

You sighed when you saw Jeff just disappear behind a tree as other classmates sat down at their respective places,trying to stay as far away from you as possible.
"What did he mean by "see you later" ? " you wondered as you nervously tapped your desk with your pen "would he scare me again like last night? Would he hurt me?Would he kill me?" a sudden bell rang and you almost jumped as you focused back on reality and the lesson started.
You were trying your best to concentrate on the first classes of the day,but as the lessons went by it became harder and harder to properly take notes and listen to what the teachers were saying.
Well it's not that the surprising, after all you slept only 3 hours and you were constantly scared that a certain someone would casually go at your school and kill you there or worse,endlessly torture you.
You kept thinking about Michael...shouldn't you tell him about the nightmare you had and about Jeff?But then again,would he believe you?
I mean you always told him anything since you first started high school, you even mentioned him about the creatures that....well, "lived" with you at home and he didn't stutter nor mock you.He just accepted that and even tried his best to help you.

But Jeff...

No,Jeff was way more dangerous than the things back at your home.He was real,he felt real.
Don't get me wrong,the monsters that used to hunt you as a child are real too (or well at least you thought so),but they didn't really interact with you.They didn't really do anything beside watch you,which you grew used to.
Jeff instead,he almost wanted you to think he was real,he needed you to.
Finally,the bell signaling that it was lunch time rang as you picked up your books and went to the cafeteria,waiting for Michael to join you.
As soon as you walked in,all the students looked at you with horror and immediately stopped what they were doing while quieting down.You sat at the furthest table as you were fiddling with your lunch box ,keeping your gaze on your hands....this was awkward, all you could hear was your own breath and your heart thumping slightly faster.
This situation was so weird but...it was also pleasant.Yeah, people were staring at you but nobody even threw something at you!This was heaven.

~Jeff P.O.V.~
I watched while I sat down on a tree branch as (y/n) finally left her class and went to the cafeteria,of course not paying to her surroundings.Jeez I already told her to be more careful,I even left her a note last time !Bet she forgot about that... maybe she was tired?
"Well perhaps someone had a nightmare last night " I snickered while I played with my knife.
Never mind, at least now she was sitting down in a closed space so she shouldn't get hurt...right?Wait why do I even care???I want to hurt her.But by the looks she is earning ,nobody would come close to her for a while.
"Sweet lord Zalgo!" I exclaimed as (y/n) sat down and I burst into a fit of laughter "a-all the students... They don't even dare say one single word around her!" I almost spit out the words while laughing ,holding my belly
"(y/n) truly owes me big time,she should at least say a thank you!Thanks to me,now nobody will bother her anymore...Oh,right.She doesn't know I am the one who possessed that bitch's body.Meh,doesn't matter.I'll tell her sooner or later" I said as I tried to calm myself down while wiping an invisible tear.
Oh here comes mister I-can't-do-shit-on-my-own-and-I-am-not-even-able-to-help-a-friend.
"Heyyy look at me I am (y/n)'s best friend I think I am some kind of hero and I am super strong and mighty!Etc. Etc..." I murmured to myself as my face twisted into a grimace "but a girl (well it was me, but technically I was a girl) saved me from two stupid ass bullies and I had to be walked home by the person I was supposed to protect!!And I take all the credits for what I do while super cool Jeff tries to fix the shit I am not even able to do by myself!!!" I raised my voice at no one in particular as I thruster my knife into the trunk of the tree with full force
.
How.

How didn't (y/n) notice how weak he was.

I am better than him.I am stronger than him.Then why the fuck didn't she leave him and went with me.

I swear,I don't get humans.They are so stupid and rude,they destroy everything they step on and won't care till something bad happens.
But her.
Yes,she was stubborn and maybe a bit silly too but... God,she is just like Liu.

But Liu is dead,and nothing will bring him back.Plus it doesn't change the fact that she,just like her stupid little friend will pay,and I'll make her see what kind of coward he is.
I twitched in anger and sighed,as I inhaled deeply and hopped off the tree when I saw her hugging that soon-to-be-dead worthless friend of hers.
" Time to go home and prepare for tonight~ " I said happily to myself

~Back to Reader P.O.V.~
As soon as I saw Michael I run up to him and embraced him in a tight hug as I then lead him to the table where I was.He sat down next to me and took a good long look at the students in front of us,who were whispering things to each other while continually shifting their gaze from their lunch to me.
"Michael isn't this awesome?Nobody even mocked me today" I said almost gladly as I munched on my sandwich while looking at him.He just gave me a nod and took out his lunch box when I noticed a few guys standing up and pointing their fingers at us.
The deafening silence of the room was broken by a few,loud shouts coming from a bunch of scared yet angry boys
"MURDERER MURDERER MURDERER" was all we heard before everyone else also stood up and grabbed anything they could use and started to throw stuff at us.
Without thinking I grabbed Michael by his arm and dragged him out of the cafeteria ,running to an empty class and locked the door.
Why,out of nowhere they did that.I thought they were scared of us.I thought they feared us.I thought they wanted to stay away from us as much as possible.
I widened my eyes in realization as I finally understood what happened.
They changed behavior when Michael sat down. They were scared of him, not of me.They called him murderer, not me.
They didn't want to hurt me because they thought Michael would take revenge on them.Maybe they thought that both the girl and Michael killed the bullies together?
How fucking stupid could they be.How much time did it take them to realize we were both victims.
But now we were stuck. If I told them that Michael was the one beaten up to death,they would wonder what I was doing in the boys toilet when everyone saw me limping out of school with the help of the blonde girl,and if Michael confessed the truth,who would believe him?Everyone thought of him as a killer now.You had to help him.
You turned your head to Michael as you noticed something on his arm.

"Michael.."you said as you turned his arm slowly and covered your mouth.
His arm was all bruised and it was full of scars...
"Oh God just what happened to him ?" you asked yourself as a tear slid down your cheek and hugged your friend,who was just rubbing the back of his head while looking down

"W-what happened to you Michael?.."you asked him as he rested his head on your shoulder while patting your back
"(Y/n) look it's fine,I am alright and it won't happen again" he said.What was he talking about?
"No Michael just tell me what-" you were cut off as the bell rang,signaling that it was time to go back to class .
You let out a sigh and unlocked the door,letting Michael go as you dared to stare at him in the eyes
"Just be careful,ok?" he nodded his head "we'll talk about it later" you said as you went back to the cafeteria and grabbed the stuff you left as you then walked to the next class.
Everything was a mess right now,and you had no idea to fix all this..but somehow, you had to.You had to prove yourself you were strong enough to handle things like these.
You breathed in and sat down near the window, looking outside up in the sky with those tired,bright eyes of yours.
You had so many questions,and something deep inside told you that Jeff had all the answers

~~~
Guys tomorrow I'll try to write another chapter. I am like really busy lately and I am trying to study and write as much as possible at the same time.I am sorry the last two chapters are crappy as fuck,but I promise I'll be able to write better ones .