Chapter 6

"Now's really not the time to flirt you two," Mr. Dexer said from behind me as more heat rose to my face. I probably looked like a tomato. "But yes, she's right. You should probably take your shirt off if you don't want your skin to fry off." Aaron's eyes widened and he didn't hesitate quickly removing his shirt. I noticed a fairly large scar running down the middle of his chest. I never remembered hearing him get into any accidents, but then again I've never really heard much anything about him. I tried not to linger my eyes on his bare torso for too long, but my hormones got the best of me. But the whole class was staring, so why couldn't I?

"You're lucky I didn't put any strong acids or corrosives in any of the solutions."Mr. Dexer said. "So my skin won't burn off?" Aaron hopefully asked as the bell rung. The rest of the class filed out of the room as I took it upon myself to stay with him since he was in my next class anyways. "No, it still will just a little slower," Mr. Dexer said, handing him a damp towel.

"Wipe the area thoroughly and you should be alright. Here's a spare shirt. Please be careful next time," he said walking back to his desk. "You're an idiot," I said as Aaron placed the new shirt over his head. "Only sometimes," he said as he slung his backpack over his shoulder. "Thanks for waiting though," he said as we walked out the door. It felt a little surreal walking to my next class with Aaron. So many people waved and nodded at him as I quietly walked beside him and I could overhear people wondering out loud who I was to him. "Are you normally so clumsy?" I asked trying to distract myself from the stares I was receiving. "Not really. I think it's just because we have chemistry together." Did I here that correctly? He thinks we have chemistry? I could practically hear Lucas lame 'Hell yeah' echoing in my mind.

It was obvious we had the class, Chemistry, together, so why else would he have said that? Before I could really respond, one of his friends came up to him as we walked into class asking about the whole chemical incident.

"Okay, you guys were right," I smiled as I blurted out as soon as I met them at the front of the school. "Aren't we always?" Carlos pompously said. "Don't make me prove that statement wrong." Although they were my best friends, their presumptions were usually wrong and their advice wasn't always the best.

"Let's not remember the time when you ruined a potential relationship because you guys told me to act stupid and raise the hem of my skirt up." "Uh, no need to reminisce on all the times we were wrong. Because I'm sure there were a lot," Chris said rubbing the back of his neck. "Anyways, in 6th period, I heard Aaron spilled some chemical on himself and had to take off his shirt during class," Lucas piped in. "Geez, you two are so intimate after just a day,"Jason added.

***
A knock on my door woke me up from my nap. I squinted at the door to see it cracked open with someone's head peeking through. It looked like a guy's head so it definitely wasn't my grandmother. I assumed it was just one of the guys just stopping by to bug me. "Go away. You know not to interrupt my nap time," I croaked flipping over onto my stomach and sinking my face into my pillow. "Oh sorry, I didn't know you were sleeping." My eyes widened when I heard Aaron's voice. What was he doing here? "Why are you here?" I asked, hastily sitting up and rubbing my eyes. "I was walking to the bus stop from Xavi's house and I almost walked right past yours, but I decided to be spontaneous," he said, stepping into my room."Spontaneous?"

"I'm taking you on a date." I raised my eyebrows in suspicion and tried to keep my cool, but the butterflies inside of me fluttered much faster than I was able to handle. "Where?"

"I don't know. I told you I'm being spontaneous. I already asked your grandma for permission. Now come on," he said reaching down and grabbing my hand. I stared down at our interlaced hands as he dragged me out of my house. Before completely leaving, I broke out of my daze. "Wait, I just woke up. I probably look horrible!"With his hand on the doorknob, he turned to face me. "You look beautiful." I felt my cheeks burn red and smiled bashfully. His compliment immediately shut me up. It wasn't often that I received compliments from someone that wasn't a drunken old man.

Speaking of the guys, they all just happened to be sitting out on Jason's porch when we were walking by. It was one thing to be walking around with Aaron, but he was dragging me by the hand. All of them stared at us with an overly pleased look on their faces as I ducked my head down, trying to hide the rising blush on my face. "You're not embarrassed of me, are you?" Aaron asked after a few silent minutes of walking. I lifted my head up and realized that he had taken me to the park just across the street from the school. "A park? Isn't this a bit cliché?" I asked him.