Chapter 11

Aaron's house was in a fancy neighborhood adjacent to the city. It was merely a block away from the edge of the city. But to get to his neighborhood, I had to pass through a narrow alley-like street that was hardly lit by any street lights. Taking a deep breath, I quickened my pace and hoped nothing bad would happen. I was halfway through and I could see the high end residence just ahead of me. I could already see three story homes lined next to each other and my mouth fell open in awe. The houses were nothing like the simple one story ones back home. I heard footsteps close behind me and I realized too late that I should have paid more attention to where I was. I was slammed onto wall and I felt strong hands propped on my shoulders. I shut my eyes tight, fearing the worst. This is it, I thought. I'm going to get killed right here.

"What are you doing here?" the person slurred out. The person reeked of alcohol and it only worried me more. People could be so much more hostile when they were drunk. I peered out of my right eye to look at the person and both of my eyes immediately shot open. Although it was dark, the dim street lamp above was enough for me to detect who it was.

"A-Aaron?" I stammered. I was rendered clueless to everything that was happening. Why was Aaron drunk in the middle of some sketchy alley? "What are you doing here?" he repeated with a harsher tone.

"You shouldn't wear such a short dress in the city at night time. That's dangerous," he said peering down at my attire. "Why would you be dressed like that over here?" he pondered, before a knowing look came upon his face.

"You came here for me didn't you?" He took a hand off of my shoulder and slammed it against the wall next to my head when I didn't answer. "I thought I told you not to fall for me..." he quietly muttered. It was then, when I realized what I was there for in the first place. "Why?" was all I was able to squeak out of my mouth. I wanted to say so much to him, but I was so afraid of him at the same time..

"I'm dangerous," he said, bringing his face closer to mine. "I can hurt you," he barely whispered. I shivered as I felt his hot breath on my lips. "I don't want to hurt you." I felt a shudder run down my spine as he carefully traced his hands down my body. He placed them at the small of my back and pulled me close to him. Our bodies were pressed against each other. I placed my hands on his chest, wanting to push him away, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. He placed his forehead on mine. "You don't want to get hurt, do you?" he quietly asked. I lightly shook my head, maintaining eye contact with him. "That's what I thought," he said. I felt his hands about to remove themselves from me.

I didn't want him to let go. I didn't want to let him go. Acting only on reckless impulse, I pulled his head down by his neck and roughly kissed his lips. I smirked as his hands remained on my back and pulled me in tighter. I felt myself melt into his arms as he kissed back. This was it. This was what I wanted. I never wanted it to end. He pulled away, making a loud smacking noise from our lips.

"Don't do this," he said before I kissed him again. "Please." I didn't want him talk. "You're making this so hard for me." I shut him up once again with my lips. If he protested it so much, why did he kiss back? He pulled away again and spoke softly. "I'm going to hurt you." His gaze was no longer bloodshot. It was sincere and meaningful. And it only made me want him more.

"I don't care."

"Listen," he said, placing a firm grip on my shoulders. "I like you. I really do. But we can't do this." He removed his hands from my shoulders and took a step back. I was already longing for his touch again. "You should go home. I'll wait with you at the bus stop." He started walking away and I followed slowly from a distance. He said it himself that he liked me. But whhat exactly was stopping him? What did he mean that he'll hurt me? How was he dangerous? I couldn't stop the questions from flooding my mind and the only thing that would stop them were answers.

***
I caught up to him at a stop light. As we were waiting for the light to turn, the last bus heading towards home drove right past us. We watched as it stopped at its stop momentarily before leaving and driving off. I glanced at Aaron and noticed he seemed a bit frustrated that I missed the bus. To be honest, I didn't actually want to go home. I was already in the city. What would be the point of going home without learning any information at all? Aaron turned to me with an uneasy look on his face. "I guess you can stay at my house," he said quietly. We walked back slow. Almost as if he didn't want me to stay at his house at all. But I guess I couldn't blame him. He hid a lot about himself and no one had ever been in his home. I couldn't even fathom the information I would find out just standing in his home.

"What are you going to tell your grandmother?" he asked as we reentered the dark, narrow street. I couldn't help but replay the earlier scene. It took a lot of will power to not push Aaron up against a wall and make out with him, but I somehow managed.

"Oh, um, I guess I'll just tell her that I stayed over one of the guys' house or something." He narrowed his eyes at me. "You sure have a lot of guy friends, you know?" I returned his stare.

"Why, are you jealous?"

"Nope, it was just an observation," he quickly rebutted, speeding up his pace and walking ahead of me. "Hey, wait! It's scary over here," I exclaimed as I hastily caught up with him, grabbing onto his arm in the process. I noticed him smirk in the corner of my eyes and I felt a tingle run down my spine. When we approached his house, my mouth fell open in awe. Google Maps really didn't do his house any justice. It didn't even seem like a house. It was more of an estate. It was four stories tall and the architecture of the building was simply incredible. The walkway was adorned with lights all the way up to his door.