Twelve Ways

"Should I paint in red or blue?"

"Blue."

"Ugh. How did I know you would say that?"

"Because I know what red means. I would never go along with something so sick."

"Sick? Darling, you know nothing of what a sick man can do. This is only a warm-up to what I am capable of; Of course, you already knew that right?"

"These ropes burn."

"Then don't pull on them so hard. Trying to escape is pointless."

"Where did you get that red from?"

"Still asking questions in the position you are in? Mighty brave you are, Darling. Anyone else would be dead, I hope you appreciate that."

"I detest it; it disgusts me. . . you disgust me. I refuse to play along with your little games, Zayn. If you let me go, I'm sure they will forgive you for-"

"Forgive me?"

". . . yes."

"Why would I want that? None of my actions require forgiveness for everything I have ever done was intentional. I don't regret a thing, so why should I seek forgiveness? Why do you think lying to me about forgiveness would help you? If anything, it makes my hand want to wrap around that pretty throat of yours and squeeze your last breath out."

"Don't come any closer!"

"What makes you think you can order me around now? Who is the one tied down in my bed? Who is the weakest one between us?"

". . ."

". . ."

". . ."

"I wasn't going to hurt you. . . I just wanted to adjust your posture, but I see now I will just have to start a new painting."

". . ."

"I'll need more red though. . . I won't be too long."

"No, Zayn. Please! Don't kill anybody! Zayn! Zay-"