Fifteen Breaths

"They're looking for me."

"I know."

"They know I'm with you."

"Mhmm."

"You killed a lot of people yesterday."

"I kill a lot of people everyday these days. What matters is that I won't kill you."

"That's the funny thing, Zayn. I'd rather die than be with you another second."

"Darling, don't make me sad."

"I doubt that's possible."

"I should stop letting you watch tv; you watch too much news."

"It's the only thing that gives me hope."

"Hope? The news only reports about the bad events. Like how Zayn Malik is still at large, killing even more and more innocents. . . Like whether Dr. Harry Styles is alive. . . Like how the cops still can't find me, just dead bodies with my intials carved on them."

"A man's pride is his downfall."

"Don't worry about it, darling; I won't make the same mistake twice."

"There are always new mistakes to make, and I will gladly wait for that day."

"I always admired your honesty, but I now realize your inability to shut your mouth."

"Please don't. It makes my lips numb when you tie it so tight."

"I don't want to either; I hate it when you're quiet, I really do, but that mouth of yours. . . surely you could find a better use for it."

"And I suppose you have something in mind then. I would never touch you in a million years."

"Then I'll wait for a million and one. Insanity is infectious, darling, and you're one step closer to succumbing."