Thirty Eyes

"Someone's at the door."

"It must be the doctor."

". . ."

"Hello, Doctor Yusef. Long time, no see."

"Zayn, it's a pleasure."

"This is Harry."

"Hello. . ."

"Hello. I understand you had a bad fall, and your ankle is swollen pretty bad."

"Mhmm."

"Let's take a look then. . . uh huh, that is quite puffy. . . on a scale of one to ten, how bad does it hurt when I press here?"

"Ow, that's a solid six!"

"Careful, doctor, he's fragile."

"Zayn-"

"Let the doctor work, asshole. I am doing this for free. . . hmmmm. . . it feels okay. . . it's not broken, just sprained. Stay off it for the rest of the week, maybe two, and keep an ice pack on it for about half an hour every two hours."

"Okay, thank you, Doctor Yesuf."

"You're welcome, Harry. Now, do you have any pain or tendor spots on your head?"

"No- well, yeah. I got a scrape from where I hit my head, but it doesn't really hurt that much anymore."

"Lower your head for me. Tell me if it hurts. . . I don't feel any bumps or see any other scrapes. . . Look up. Now, follow the light with your eyes. . . No dizziness?"

"None."

"Good, no concussion then. I'll be taking my leave now. . . goodbye, Zayn. Harry."

"Bye."

"Good bye, doctor."

". . ."

"He was very. . . curt."

"Yes, but that's what makes him a perfect doctor and friend."

"Right. . ."

"Well, that's all I had planned for the day. What should we do?"

"I am going to watch the news. You can do whatever."

"I'm flattered and all, but you can just ask me what I did in the city. I was there and all."

"Tch, who said I was watching it for you?"

". . ."

"Don't give me that look. . . I care about the weather."

"Uh huh."

"Fine, what did you do?"

"Besides visiting Louis and getting you a taser, I was approached by a thief. Can you imagine the delight I took in gutting him with his own knife? Blood went everywhere, but I managed to get enough in a jar. Next, I took my gloved finger and wrote the letter 'Z' on his forehead. Then, I took a whole bunch of shady alleyways and deserted streets back to Louis' to change. See? You get so much more detail from me."

"That's the problem. . ."

"Although, it can't hurt to know what the police want the public to know."

". . ."

"-king news: a man was found dead in an alley way on Fourty-third street in downtown Salsburg. The letter 'Z' was left behind, indicating that Zayn Malik has done the crime. Authorities are saying to remain calm and be wary of your surroundings. Sheriff Daren advises that you avoid going out at night if possible. No eye witnesses have come for-"

"Boring."

"I was watching that."

"Watch me instead."