Fourteen Calls

"Tell me about your victims."

"What makes you think I'll tell you the details the cops have been wanting for months."

"Who am I going to tell? I'm tied up to a bed. . . Unless you plan on releasing me?"

"Fine, but I'm warning you now: when I start, I won't stop no matter how much you beg."

"Don't flatter yourself."

"Evan Coolridge was the first victim; he was an asshole with a violent streak. I saw him beating a prostitute in the alley, so I beat him. . . to death. You'd be surprised how many times people plead for their lives and tell you their whole life story just in the hopes that you'll stop. That you'll spare them. It never works, of course, and I snapped his neck. The prostitute offered me sex in gratitude, but I declined. I would never touch such a diseased creature."

"Wes Cooper?"

"Ha, he was the worst. Couldn't stop crying and pleading for his mom. He was a jock at some high school I had never heard of; he told me a lot about his friends who would never forgive me - I just laughed in his face before pulling the trigger. I remember his ink being very vibrant."

"The sisters?"

"Emily and Regina Fuentes. They were pitiful in their last moments. I made sure they watched each other die. Oh, don't look so disgusted; you asked for this, da-"

"Don't call me that! Just continue."

"Emily died first, and Regina a mere two minutes behind. They were born two minutes apart as well. Isn't that a spectacular happening?"

"Not really."

"The last one was Dolly Smith; she was the prostitute I had saved. I knew that she followed me around and was probably beginning to suspect my connection with the murders. I had to off her, so I accepted her invitation to dinner and killed her inside her own house. I stabbed her fork into her throat and let the poor creature bleed out. I couldn't use her blood in one of my paintings, so I carved my initials into her skin and let myself get caught."

"So when will I be offed?"

"That's up to you, darling."