Thirteen Prayers

"You're not talking. . . I thought we've already discussed that ignoring me is not something you want to do."

". . ."

"Don't make me have to make you open that mouth because if I have to. . . it won't be pretty."

". . ."

"Darling. . . please?"

". . ."

"I saw that quiver in your lip. You're laughing at me!"

". . ."

"Do you like that you're making me beg?"

". . . Of course. How many people can bring the notorious Zayn Malik down on his knees whining like a damn child?"

"You're provoking me on purpose. That isn't a good idea, darling; you'll get hurt that way."

"I'm already hurt."

"Then let me kiss it better."

". . ."

"You don't even resist anymore. . . such a shame. I thought you'd be harder to crush."

"I'm not crushed. . . there's just nothing I can do to stop you."

"I'm glad you finally realized that, darling.  You have no chance of winning against me."

". . ."

"Will you tilt your head to the side a bit? I want the pose just right. . ."

". . ."

". . ."

". . ."

". . ."

"Who did you kill?"

"Is that why you were ignoring me before? Because I went out to kill someone?"

"Who did you kill?"

"Why should you care? You don't know them."

"And that's supposed to make it alright?"

"I never said it was alright. I said why should you care whether they're alive."

"Because they probably have- had a family to care for. You took away someone's brother, sister, spouse. . . and you feel no regret?"

"This guilt trip has no effect on me. However, his name was Herbet Shaw. He was an old man close to death anyway. I did him a favor."

"Ha ha, a favor? Since when did you feel empathetic enough to 'help' somebody?"

"I could hear the unspoken 'you sick bastard' on the tip of your tongue, darling."

"You are sick."

"Oh, but you're wrong. I feel perfectly fine."