Thirty-two Nightmares

"What the hell, Zayn! You really locked the doors so that I couldn't leave?"

"You're not gonna kill yourself walking in those damn woods alone when I'm gone. I'll even send Louis here to keep an eye on you if I must."

"I'm not a child. . . and I'll be more careful this time."

"Tch, you're not even properly healed, yet you still tried to walk out there alone; do you have a death wish, darling?"

"Why are you being the dramatic one?"

". . ."

". . ."

"I worry about you."

"It was one time, Zayn, out of countless others. . . don't give me that look - you know I know I can't escape through the woods. Trust me, I tried following that damn road - lead to fucking mosquito bites and a minor panic attack every time a car passed."

"Ha, of course it did; it's a long and winding road, rather dumb in design really, but I digress. The point is that I don't like coming home to an empty house. Not anymore anyway; I think I've become rather. . . spoiled. . . by your presence."

"I just want to take a walk whenever I want, okay? I promise I'll come back, so please."

". . ."

". . ."

"Ugh, fine, whatever. But not until you're finished healing; honestly, it's only another two days."

"It's only a deal if I can take a walk, with you of course, right now and tomorrow."

"Are you sure you don't feel any pain? Walking on it could-"

"It's manageable and won't go away for a while. . . so I want to go outside. I also want silence from you. Walks are supposed to be peaceful, and I want time to be in my thoughts."

". . . That's probably what lead to you falling. . ."

"Just call it a deal."

"Okay, deal. Let's go, darling."

". . ."

". . ."

". . . Thank you."

"You're too easy to please."

"It's the little things that matter the most."