The House With a Light

• Dedicated to amir

  Happiness was only an understatement of what I felt when I saw a house on a hill not far from the beach. I picked up the fragile girl and gathered all my strength and ran to the light. It was a nice little cottage with a rap-around porch. When you first look at it you can easily see the big pine out front standing as if it was protecting the house. I bounded to the door ringed the door bell 1,000 times and waited. Then it hit me what if no one was in the house? The girl will be beyond help if no one comes.

   Finally the door opened a guy in a Hawaiian shirt and shorts came out he was slurping a coke. He was turned around talking to a guy in a wheel chair. Quickly turning around he just gave us one look and told us go away we don't need to buy fundraiser things. Then he turned around he didn't even bother to look surprised. Wow, it was like he saw a girl holding another girl that looked like death slapped her up with a frying pan. He said welcome to camp half blood in a sarcastic tone then he walked away muttering in a different language. Then the guy in a wheel chair came up and said let's get your friend to bed. I rushed to a room laying her down. He shouted someone get me demigod medicine! I turned to him a joking tone in my voice," What demigod? Is it like Walmart?" The guy in the wheel chair chuckled," Why don't you rest your in good hands."

"Well sorry I can't stay I don't sleep in strangers houses but thanks anyway."

"I know a lot of things by the way my name is Chiron." The man said kindly as he helped me lay the girl on the sofa.

"Nice to meet you Chiron. Do you have a phone I need to call the police my class are- Chiron cut of my sentence. Where did you get that he said pointing to my wrist. Ummm I found it on the ground in the wood near where I found the girl.He looked at me warily. "After you rest I will tell all and you will see the miss.dare," he said as he lead me out of the living room and into the main hallway.

"Miss.Dare? Who is that?" I asked confused and tired. "Never mind, get some rest I told you I'm not resting here he guided me to a bed then like magic I fell asleep. Not even the thought of where I was or where my class was interrupted my well needed sleep.

I woke up in the morning to find a Camp Halfblood tee shirt at the end of my bed. After I got dressed I went looking for Chiron or any other human begin. In the hallway with tacky wallpaper I passed a big picture of a group of people. In the front there was a boy with black hair and sea blue eyes kissing a blond girl with stormy grey eyes. I smiled, they looked so happy and looked as if they would go to hell and back for each other. When I got in the living room I saw Chiron....Well not really he was a horse. Now I know your thinking dang girl this guy a total stranger lets you a girl who carries a nearly dead lady into his house for a nurse and you call him a horse! Let me explain he was a real horse well technically he was a centaur. He was talking to a girl that looked kind of like the girl I found and rescued. She looked at me and smiled then pointed me out to Chiron. "Well good morning,"he bellowed a smile on his face. "Good morning," I replayed feeling a bit ditsy. Man I must be still dreaming me seeing a centaur crazy, right? He looked at me worried then he asked",are you okay," then I fainted.

------------------------------------------------------------Gray's P.O.V --------------------------------

I woke up to find myself in my bunk. The familiar smell of fresh strawberrys welcomed me. A bright glare of light from the window shone on my face. Must be a wake up call from dad. I groaned what happened? Last thing I remembered was that I was battling a hellhound(not a nice one like Mr. O'Larry)and obviously I failed. I sighed, how did I get to my cabin? I didn't tell anyone that I was leaving but I heard someone yell,help, so I followed it to the hellhound. Great thinking right? I yawned. Man,I haven't felt this bad since me and Nico where practice fighting. The memory gave me a smile. I remember when me and Nico where first getting to know each other and I dared him to fight me. I had to admit he was wicked good, but I was better. Most of the time. I got cut in a few places and it ended up getting infected so I spent the rest of the day in the infirmary.  Needing to get some answers I got out of bed I heard the door open. Knowing who it was I jumped up and ran into Nico's open arms.