Had me at Jello

DO NOT READ PAST THIS POINT EDITING THIS CHAPTERRRRRR

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED THINGS ARE CHANGING SO DONT READ AHEADDD

Grays P.O.V.

 That night so long ago was the last time I saw Nico so happy. Soon after his sister passed away he often spent time away from the camp and was very distant with me. I would be lucky to get to talk to him every month. I really missed him.  After the battle things began a little better for us both. Even though it was horrible times it helped us realize how strong we were together, even in the worst of situations. Last night, at the camp fire, it really brought me back to when I first met him. Percy was always very worried for Nico after what happened to his sister and always kept an eye out for him. In some ways I feel like Percy still blames himself for Bianca's death. Percy is always a laid back guy, but he's still human after all.

"Gray!" Yelled Leo as he finished blowing up a red balloon. "Come on, he will be coming soon!" It was Nico's birthday. His closest friends had decided to throw him a surprise birthday party in his cabin. This was quite a feat. The abandoned and dark Hades cabin even made the sparkling balloons look a little dull. Annabeth was nervously arranging the small pile of birthday presents, making sure that they were all placed in order of size. Percy was still no where to be seen. I finished blowing a balloon when Percy ran into the room with a gigantic box in his hand. "Sorry I was so late," Percy chirped as he placed the box and took out a cake. Not only was this cake huge, but it was also a bright blue. 

 "Quick, he's coming!" Lucy announced as she ran through the door. Some people didn't trust Lucy, but I don't think that you should judge people based on their families. I mean, come on, we are demigods our families are as messed up as it can get. Everyone began to hide in various places, Percy hid under a bunk with Annabeth, Frank turned into a spider and Will hid in the closet.

 We all waited patiently for Nico to walk in, Grey looked especially excited. She hasn't been seeing him as much as she would dream to. She even had put on a little bit of makeup, which I heard from the other campers to be extremely rare. The door began to open and a silhouette of a tall figure that blended in with the night behind him. In an instant the room was filled with light. "Surprise!" We all shouted in unison as everyone jumped out of there designated places. A rare wide grin placed on Nico's face. Grey ran up to him and smothered him a hug.

Then both at the same time Nico and Leo began to scream (Nico's being extremely high pitched.) Everyone looked around in confusion, but I easily found why the pair where screaming. When Nico entered the room Leo tried to light the candles from across the room and apparently missed. The table with the cake and presents where a wall of fire. Percy acted fast and poured Kool Aid out of thin air on the fire. It quickly put out but now all that was left was a pile of crispy boxes and melted blue cake. Without questioning how Percy just randomly created Kool Aid I checked to make sure everyone was okay. Hazel and Grover began foraging for anything to save. Everyone was fine, but Nico's face returned to it's normal gloomy state. Grey was desperately trying to cheer him up but he slid out of her embrace. I looked around for Leo but he was no where to be seen. The Hades cabin was quite small and empty, so he couldn't be in here. He must have fled after he set fire to the table.

 I stepped out into the cool night. The Hades cabin felt to claustrophobic and warm compared to the free