Family Reunion (The Worst Thing to Happen to a Demi-god)

I woke up to find Hazel leaning over me. I forced myself to open my eyes I felt as if I could just sleep forever. Yes, I was that tired. Last night had been busy and exciting. There was a a meeting at the big house on what they were going to do with me. After hours of talking, yelling and stupid jokes Grey asked me if I wanted to train with her. An hour later I felt like puking my guts out because what Grey meant by training was like being on American Ninja Warrior, it was not good. Then after all of that I found bunnies on my roof. What a weird first few days.

  Hazel shook my shoulders. "Wake up sleepy head!"

"What is it," I mumbled as I wrapped myself tighter in my covers.  "It better be a good reason or else it won't be pretty."

  Hazel shook her head a light smile played across her face, "now you sounding like a daughter or Ares." I laughed filling my empty cabin with some much needed noise. " Really, Hazel what is it? I mean I love you and all but can't a girl sleep?" Then I came to my senses I sat up excitement filling me. "So are we leaving for the quest today?"

"Uhh ya about that." Hazel shifted and looked down at her dirty sneakers. "Things changed."

  "What do you mean," I asked.

"Instead of us going there they came here."

  Even not being here for a long time I knew that Gods and Goddesses only came down if there was something big going on. An inescapable feeling of worry washed over me. What if they thought that I was evil? I was finally happy and felt at home. They could take all of that away with just a quick snap.

"Wow, is that even possible?" I asked putting on a fake smile.

"Well all the Greek gods are here to meet you. Also it's about time they came down and say hi to their kids."

  I supposed that keeping the gods waiting was not the smartest idea. I got up, already clothed in my camp clothes, them being the only clothes I own, and walked out of my cabin with Hazel. Hazel had always been kind to me even when most other people wanted to kill me or they just pee themselves. "Where is everyone," I asked as I noticed that the camp was quite empty. "In the mess hall," Hazel replied as we turned past the Hades cabin. As we were walking to the mess hall I could not stop myself from feeling disappointed. This was going to be my first quest, to prove to people that I'm not crazy or going to kill them. I want to stay here so bad, and I want to be accepted. Is my mother really that bad that it causes kids to avoid me at all costs?

   When we entered the mess hall it looked well more extravagant than normal. There were greek fire on the ceiling turning different colors and above each table was a glittering sign.  For instance at Athena's table a huge owl was looking over a book it moved and looked as if it was truly alive. I could not help myself, I was impressed. Hazel told me to look up. I looked up to find floating chairs covered in gold flying above us. And that was not the best/scariest part. In every chair there was a god or a goddess. Oh my gods, I whispered to myself. I was looking around frantically trying to find my mom. Then I remembered. My mom is not a Greek goddess. All the gods and godesses looked beautiful, the ladies with dresses made out of the finest silk looking down upon their table lovingly. The gods conversing loudly causing the room to shake. Hazel kindly asked me if I wanted to sit with her. I accepted, but hesitantly. Usually I sit with Leo but with his dad neat and with my reputation that wasn't the smartest idea. Then I noticed that both halfbloods and gods alike were watching me. I sat down with Hazel and a boy named Nico. Chiron cleared his throat drawing the attention from me. I gave him a quick thank you smile.

  "Welcome gods, goddess and Demi-gods,"Chiron bellowed. "It is such a nice surprise that you could come to our home, camp half blood."  Deep inside I knew that the only reason why they came was to see if I  was going to start war. Looking up at who I could guess to be Ares, I mean come on how many other people look like that, he looked exited at the chance of another battle happening. His philosophy is most likely Yay! Death! Yay! War! Yay!What a weird guy.

Chiron was rambling on about how happy he is to see them here. Looking around for Leo I saw him sitting next to a man who could only most likely be his dad. The burly man was the only god that came down to sit with his kids, I really respected that. He had one arm around Leo with a look of a proud father on his face.

  After eating an extraordinary meal and small talk with Nico and Hazel, Zeus stood up commanding the room. The guy was bigger than all the other gods and had a powerful glare. Honestly I was afraid to sneeze. He looked over the room, all was silent.

"Demigods. On behalf of all gods and goddesses I would like to thank you for defeating Gaea." Zeus paused momentarily then looked at me. "Sadly this is not the reason why we came we are here to discuss the newest addition to Camp Halfblood. If you would please tell us what your business is here."

Finding that this was my time I stood up dramatically (it was my time, alright.)

"I am Kaia Knight daughter of Gaea. I oppose no threat to Olympus or its kin. I just found out about my mother yesterday. I was in a orphanage all my life. I want to help Olympus rise, not destroy it." Shaking I sat down, Hazel gave me a small smile. The gods started talking about me despite the fact of me being able to perfectly hear them. It was like the mean kids at your school were talking behind your back and you could hear what they were saying crystal clear. After a what felt like a million years Artemis got of her throne. Her dress was like the nights sky in a calming way, but her face was quite the opposite. It was precise and stern, almost like a statue. "Before we make our mind anyone want to say anything?" I looked around the room wishing that some one will come to my defense. Leo awkwardly stood up, followed by the rest of the Hephaestus. The god himself arose with his children.

"We all know Kaia is not at all evil mastermind that plans to kill us all-," Leo began.

"She showed me how to use a chicken screw," Wren yelled.

"She saved my life," Gray yelled. "She helped me. Kaia is my friend." The gods argued like toddlers then Zeus declared the verdict.

"We will allow you to stay at Camp Halfblood. You may only leave if a god or goddess tells you to do so. If you do anything at all that might be considered evil you will join the Titans in the underworld."

In a poof the gods left me stunned and confused. Leaving everyone looking at me.