Leo and the Tree of my Certain Death

Halfblood.

That's that Chiron said. It took a while to sink in, but something clicked inside me. He said everyone in this camp was a Half blood. That everyone here is like me that this place is my home. He said that everyone here was different. Each person with talents beyond any mortal. They where half gods after all. The one thing he didn't realize was I was queen of weird, different even from the different.

So that's why monsters pop up. That's why I have no family history at all. After Chiron and I had a serious talk and a quick tour around camp, I went to find Miss.Dare. Her name sounded like a really sassy nail polish brand. I could imagine someone on T.V. ask if I was wearing Miss.Dare nail polish.

I looked around a forest that I found myself in after the tour. Man, this place is amazing I thought. It was like a theme park for weird kids with a death wish. Weapons where lying around everywhere and there was a lava wall. A frickin lava wall! No one was around, it was lunch so everyone was eating in the dining area. After turning around a pine tree I came to see a cave with a entrance. I heard machines whir to life inside. Machines, I'm a sucker for machines. "Hello is anyone in there," I asked curiously. I heard a crash. I raced inside. There was a person under a bunch of heavy boxes. I ran up and tried to get off the boxes. Man, these last few days have been insane one of the craziest days ever. When I got all the boxes off I found that there was a elfish looking boy under the boxes. I picked up the boy and put him softly on the table as if he may break. This week I have been saving a lot of people. Someone may as well call me a hero. The curly haired boy groaned. Och, I thought having all those boxes on top of me must have hurt. Calypso, he moaned shifting slightly. Probably his girlfriend, though name does ring a bell though.

"Calypso is that you?"

He began to wake up. Your not calypso, he said rubbing his head.

"Sorry to disappoint you."

"What are you doing here," he asked.

"All the boxes fell on your head so I helped you."

He blushed his tan skin turning a flushed pink color. "Sorry about that" he said.

"No it's fine I was looking for the oracle."

"Oh," he said getting up. Focusing on the cave I could see that the stone walls where filled with machines that gave a nice little hum. Tables where filled with gears and leavers and all sorts of things. In the corner of my eye I saw a big  dragon head laying on a nearby work station. "What is that," I asked as I walked over to the giant head. I ran my hand over the cool golden metal. "That's-," He was interrupted by the lunch bell signaling that lunch was almost over. The boy let out a chuckle. "You must be new because you don't know me and my dragon."

"What are you famous?" I asked jokingly.

"How did you guess." A smile played on his lips.

We laughed. "Your new right? Do you know who is your parent yet?"

"I don't know, I just got here yesterday. I just found out about gods and goddess today. I found a girl named Grey and brought her here. " Realizing that I didn't know his name I quickly asked nonchalantly, "So, what's your name?"

"Leo," he answered," my dad is the machine, fire guy who gets all the ladies. Just like me."

I let out a small laugh, "my name is Kaia and I am very hungry at the moment."

While entering the dining area I expected it be like a school lunch room. Boy, was I wrong. The building was massive and looked like an ancient temple that you would find in a textbook. White collums rose to the ceiling engraved with stories of fallen heroes. The more time I looked at the collums the more I could read them. They told about a battle in Manhattan and a girl named Selena. Marble tables filled the large place. Teens where all chatting happily as they munched on various foods. None of them noticed me and Leo and enter the dining room.