Planetarium

"Space," the lecturer began, as the group of first graders stared up in awe at the star-covered ceiling. The little white spots formed constellations that shined like a sea of diamonds on the very dark blue, nearly black, ceiling. "It is a wondrous place. We are currently standing in the universe, which has millions of galaxies, in which have billions of stars! We all know the little song, Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, and, yes, they seem like diamonds in the sky, but, alike the song, does anyone wonder what they are?"

One of the children raised their hand shyly.

"Yes?" the instructor pointed the child out. "Do you know what a star is?"

"Well, stars are hot balls of gas millions of miles away, which is why they look so bright and small." Lance's eyes widened at the first-grader, not expecting an answer like that.

"Yes," Lance nodded. "That is correct." The child smiled to herself, pushing her glasses up the bridge of her nose discreetly as she sat back in her chair. "So, as this young lady said, stars are balls of hot gas-"

"Like you," a deep voice interrupted him.

Lance looked over where the voice had originated, and saw a smug-looking Keith standing in the entrance of the planetarium, with his mullet, his stupid jacket, and everything else.

"Of course you would think that, Kogane," Lance returned, rolling his eyes at the shorter boy, and crossing his lean, but muscular, arms over his chest.

"No, I don't think that, I know that." Keith smirked and made his way into the Planetarium.

Once Keith stood beside Lance, the taller boy leaned over and hissed into his ear, "What are you doing here? This is my lecture."

"Oh, please," Keith slightly scoffed. "This is what you call a lecture? More like, 'wow, I can explain what a star is! Show's over.'"

"That's because I haven't finished yet."

"I can do twice a better lecture than you can," Keith added.

"Oh, really?" Lance challenged. "What makes you so sure?"

"Did you know the sun is actually a star?" Keith asked the previously ignored group of kids, who were strangely quiet during the time the two boys were arguing. The kids' eyes widened at the fact, even the small girl with the glasses's, and they let out surprised gasps. "Yep, the sun is a very large star, of which the solar system is reliant."

A hand shot up. "Yes?" Keith asked.

"What's the solar system?" the boy asked.

"The-"

"The Solar System is the group of planets that circle the sun," Lance cut in. "Can anyone name a planet in the solar system?"

A couple of hands shot up. Lance pointed at one of the first graders.

"Earth!"

"Yes, that is right, we are one of the planets that circle the sun, however Keith thinks otherwise," Lance gestured at the cross-armed boy, who was slightly pouting at being interrupted, an expression that Lance thought was cute.