Solo Drinking Games For When Your Hotter Friend Is Getting Hit On

Keith downed another shot as he stared scornfully over at his friend, or who was supposed to be his friend, talking to a cluster of girls that surrounded him. It was as if his muscles were magnets to him, and his hair and looks made the whole situation even worse. Fuck Shiro and his stupidly perfect body and hair and charmingly deep voice.

He glared down at his empty shot glass. Why did he allow Shiro to drag him out again? Usually, his best friend's attempts at getting him out failed or ended up just like this: everyone following Shiro around like love-sick puppies because of his biceps and nice-smelling cologne, and leaving him all alone at the table to sulk and get unbelievably drunk that he would miss his college classes the next day.

Of course no one wanted him. Not when that god over there was with him. He was the lesser of the two. Keith was nearly certain that Shiro wanted him to drag him along to these things not just to get him out and about, but to make himself look better. He did not exactly mind, but he hated the fact that Shiro always left him all alone, and he was not just going to hang behind Shiro and his acquaintances like a creep.

He accepted his next shot from the bartender and downed it as quickly as the last. Oh, how he was going to regret this the next morning when he would feel as if his head were splitting open. Then, Pidge would surely make fun of him for being so pathetic. It couldn't be helped. When he stood next to Shiro, he looked like an edgy, emo-wannabe broom.

Keith lamented his inability to charm anyone. It was a surprise to most people that he had a hot friend like Shiro, but they had been friends since childhood. If anyone were to talk to him at these events, it was to get closer to Shiro.

He sighed and pulled his phone from his coat pocket, the familiar light originating from the screen calming him slightly. Luckily, the bar had wifi. He opened his Snapchat, which he only installed so he could talk to Shiro, because, thanks to college, he couldn't afford service for the meantime. College had truly taken a toll on his wallet.

He scrolled through his feed for a couple of minutes before finding an article that caught his attention. It seemed to be from a women's magazine, but the title fit his exact situation. "Solo Drinking Games for When Your Hotter Friend's Getting Hit On," it read. Curious, he tapped on the link. The article was pretty humorous, but it obviously was more aimed for women rather than lonely, edgy, male college students who seemed to never catch a break.

The Facebook "Never Have I Ever" game looked interesting, though. He decided to try it and take a drink every time he did not do something that someone on his feed was doing.

"I have never gotten engaged," Keith murmured to himself before he took a drink.

The next couple of minutes passed, and his glass was half-empty. Before he could comprehend what was happening, another glass with cherries and a paper umbrella was placed down on the table. Keith raised his eyebrow at the man.

"I didn't order this," Keith told him, pointing at the drink on the table.

"I know, that guy over there bought it for you." The bartender gestured over at another table where a tanned man was sitting.

Keith looked curiously over at the table, blushing. He was sure he had seen him before, somewhere. Out of courtesy, he waved at him. He should have expected him to approach him.

He felt his cheeks heat up. The man had a confident smirk and ocean blue eyes. He wished he could just disappear into the floor.