Jealousy

A/N: Slight spoilers for S6 if you haven't watched it yet. Love you guys!!

It was a fight that was bigger than himself, he told himself. It was not to protect the one he loved. Of course, he lied to himself frequently. He believed that Lance would start missing him and find him. He would search for him in his spare time, like he did for Shiro. Of course, things did not occur that way. Now, he was forced to watch Allura and Lance from afar.

Keith never cared much for Allura. Honestly, he felt that she was annoying and she was always trying to get all up in people's businesses where she didn't belong. She nagged at them for forever, but when it was her turn to step up to the plate, she wasn't the greatest, either. However, he did acknowledge that she had gotten better and she went through bad times like he had.

The one thing he didn't like the most about her, though, is that she managed to wrestle the affection from the boy he loved from him. She and her pretty face and her determination won Lance over.

Keith had his mother and his space wolf, but it would never be the same as having Lance.

He was amused and he even almost blushed when Lance called Keith "grizzled", he was sure it was another word for hot, and he was pleased by the fact he had grown an inch on Lance. However, it wasn't the same.

Lance liked Allura, not him. Lance would never love him like he wished he would. Lance would never love Keith in the same way as Keith loved Lance.

Lance loved his wolf. Keith was pretty sure the wolf loved him more than he loved his owner. Well, that makes two of us. Keith smiled to himself.

He sat on a seat in the training deck, messing with his hair. It had gotten longer since he left. He was not even sure how long ago that was. He heard sobbing in another room, from a voice that was all too familiar.

He stood almost unconsciously and rushed to Lance's room as fast as he could, only to find he was not there. He was not in his bed, nor beneath it. He was not anywhere in the room. However, he heard the muffled noises again and found himself running down the endless hallway, searching for the object of his affections, until he stood before a door where the sobbing was the loudest.

He wondered why he would be in there as he put in his code and the door slid open for him like it had in the past. There Lance was, tangled in the sheets of Keith's former bed, crying harshly in the pillow he once lied his head on. He did not seem to notice Keith's presence in the room.

"Lance?"

The other male snapped his head up, his tear-filled eyes meeting Keith's compassionate ones.

"Keith, hi, um..." Lance sat up on the bed, wiping away his tears with the pads of his fingers before acting like they had never been there. "What's up?"

"What's wrong?"

"It's nothing. I'm fine," Lance lied.

"No, obviously you're not," Keith returned. "What's wrong?"

"Allura doesn't love me," was the response he was given. "I was just a rebound. I liked her for the longest time. I loved her, even. Apparently, we weren't supposed to work out in the end."

Keith said nothing, pained to hear Lance's confession, but he sat beside him on the disturbed sheets and hugged him. Lance soon got past the initial shock of Keith touching him, and he soon returned it.

The room was silent for a while, only broken occasionally by the sound of Lance's sniffles.

Keith felt his heart pounding and anxiety claw at his insides, but he focused on Lance's warm touch. He focused on his gentle breathing and how the sniffles soon disappeared completely.

It came out as a whisper. The one thing Keith wanted to keep to himself the whole time he had to stay with him. To grow as a team with him, then leave. He felt guilty for leaving, but he felt he did not have a place in Voltron anymore, or their lives anymore. He now knew he was wrong.

"I love you."

"I love you, too," was the unexpected response he received which sent him in a spiral of confusion and shock.

"Lance..."

"Why do you think I came here, Keith, out of all places?" asked Lance. "You were always there. You always made me feel better about myself, even though I said horrible things to you. I did horrible things to you. But, when I needed you the most, you were gone. I knew I deserved it—"

"No," Keith interrupted. "You didn't."

"But I was terrible to you, but I want you to know the only reason I acted that way was because I liked you. I liked you so much, I didn't know how to deal with it. I didn't think I was ready for such a powerful feeling."

Keith was silent for a moment, trying to think of a response.

"Lance, I—"

He was immediately interrupted by lips pressed against his. They were warm, and they tasted a bit salty from Lance's tears. However, it felt right. He never felt like he belonged anywhere else more than right there, in that moment. Once the other pulled away, they immediately dove back into another kiss.

"Lance, I'm here now."

"I know."