twenty eight

the parks sat at the table in an awkward silence, jimin wanted to burst into tears he felt overwhelmed from his mothers piercing stare. he didn't dare look at her but he could feel her watching him.

"ah, what a lovely dinner~" grandpa park smiled, wiping his mouth on a soft napkin.

jimin had eaten most of his food; but didn't feel quite full. he kept his head down scared of his family seeing him break down.

"jimin honey, why don't you help me get the desserts hmm?" mrs park asked with a forced smile – more of a command rather than a question.

jimin nodded and quickly followed his mother into the kitchen, as soon as the two were out of ear shot mrs park's features crumpled into something ugly.

"jimin i don't know what those old bats are on about but let me tell you; liking boys is a sin!" she hissed trying to keep her voice at a low octave.

jimin felt a familiar lump in his throat but he nodded trying to blink back his tears. mrs parks hands closed into fists, she leaned forward with menacing eyes.

"don't you dare start crying! you have nothing to cry about!" she jeered. "i should be the one crying knowing my son is a stupid fag!"

she then opened the fridge, taking the cake and cookies out, slamming the fridge door shut before putting the food on separate silver trays; giving one to jimin.

she gave her son a nasty look before putting on a smile, going back into the pale dinning room, jimin following behind with his head down.

jimin sat down and took a rainbow piped cookie with a piece of strawberry cake, he chewed slowly, the lump in his throat had only worsened.

he began to cry.

"jimin baby what's wrong?!" grandma park examined, pulling out a silk handkerchief from her pocket.

"i'm sorry...i have to go" jimin yelped, standing up, leaving the house, he wiped his leaking eyes as he stumbled over to the only place he felt safe.

once the familiar place came into view, he saw a certain someone laid out on the front garden, playing with the grass. they had a giant hoodie on; the hood up hiding the back of the familiar face. jimin walked up to them, looking down at the fluffy figure with glassy eyes.

"mini! what's wrong baby?!" yoongi asked making grabby hands so jimin would sit on the grass with him.

"i-i don't understand why she doesn't like me anymore" jimin whimpered, letting yoongi pull him into his warm arms. yoongi was fully aware who she was, making him turn into protective mode.

"did she hurt you again mini? i'll go give her a piece of my mind!" yoongi mumbled; growling the last part, his arms wrapped protectively around jimin, who was snuggled up in his lap.

"she tries sending me to these places to get help, because what i'm doing isn't right to her!" jimin mumbled feeling protected by yoongi's loving hug.

"she's the one who needs help jiminie, you're not doing anything wrong, baby~" yoongi said calmly, brushing the hair from jimin's forehead back, giving him a quick kiss on his now bare  forehead.

"you promise...?"

"i promise" yoongi replied, taking jimin's tiny hands, gently pecking them both.