Journey to Aethoria- Part 2

Capsizes POV

I take in shaky breaths as the pigman drags my sore body across the cold stone, carelessly throwing me in the dark and dank cell without chaining me to the wall- my hands are still shackled to my feet however.

As soon as I hear the door bolt firmly behind him I break down, my body shaking as I try curl up into a ball.

"They have Jordan, they have Jordan." My breathing soon becomes ragged and short as I sob the single phrase over and over again. Toms words confirmed the voices I was hearing- "Furia will look after him. We do run hell after all."

"Bastards!" I scream at the door, my sobbing increasing.

They'll take Redbeard next, then kind-hearted Sonja. Then the infuriating Tucker. There's nothing I can do to stop it.

"Katherine." Ianites voice is soft but pleading and I look at her through blurry eyes as I painfully push myself up against a wall.

"Katherine they don't. It's all in your head. The Void plays with your mind, rein-acts your worst nightmare."

I shake me head furiously- even though this is the best answer I have to be sure.

"Tom, Thomas said-"

"What the Green Man said is not words of his own, rather words my dear brother has implanted into his head." There's a heavy note of bitterness as Ianite talks and I look at her. I've never looked at her properly before, in pictures and such of course. But even though it's the most unfortunate circumstances, the realization that Ianite is probably the only God out of the three to care about mortals much more then simply entities, dawns on me.

"While I do not care for my brothers ways and pity those who follow in his destructive path, I must admit that for me to exist he must too. Where there's light there'll always be light,"

"Where's there's darkness there'll always be darkness- for its essential for balance to prevail." I unconsciously recite the words that were repeated several times to us during the odd church session my mother would force us to. They were boring and talked of how Ianites champions would always come down onto chaos and destruction. I would find myself staring longingly out the window, wishing to be outside.

"It's nice to see one of the Delaney children were listening to the Reciter." Ianites lips twitch into a small smile. (A Reciter is a Priest of sorts but only tells the word of their chosen God. Those who talk of all three, like Declan, are deemed Priests.)

"Are you sure he's ok?" I say as cautiously as possible. Ianites kind, purple eyes seem to look on me pitifully.

"If they had you would not be the only one in this room distraught." She says softly.

I sigh and shake my head- my eyes going to a piece of bread in my corner. Furia had thrown it in a while ago when it was mildly fresh. Now it lay in the corner more then likely stale but not moldy.  My stomach protests as my mind tells me not to eat it. My stomach wins however.  

I pick it up and tear it in two, with some difficulty. After I finally manage to tear it in half, I bite into it- finding it just as rock hard as I expected it. I close my eyes as I chew painfully.

'Please Jordan, please.'

--------------------

+= Jordans POV =+

Tucker runs off and I watch with a churning feeling in my stomach before I turn to Tom. His face is still twisted in disgust and he keeps looking at his hands as if he just murdered someone. Technically he did but I'm still alive.

I take a step towards him and pull him into a hug, trying to comfort him in a silent way. I hear him sigh before I let go and put my hand on his shoulder.

"You did what you had to do." I say hoarsely.

"I gave her the note, Capsize." He says softly, "But I couldn't actually say you were alive, not while Dianite was watching."

"She wouldn't know you killed me." I look at him in confusion.

"Correction- everyone saw Tom killed you." Sonja says, shaking her head, "When we blinked after he killed you the words 'Captain Sparklez was killed by Tom Syndicate' was kinda burned into the back of our eyelids. It was kinda disturbing." 

I take the remaining half of the golden apple out of my pocket, looking at it closely as I see the bits I bit into were slowly being turned from the pale apple color, to gold.

"At least we had this." I say grimly and Sonja nods before squeezing herself in between Tom and eye and putting both her arms around our necks. 

"Capsize will kill both of you when we get 'em out- I think that's what you have to worry about." She laughs loudly and I snort.

"I know she'll kill Tom but why me?!" 

"'Cause, you being a worry pot and offering yourself up to be killed and actually get killed." Sonja says simply, "Then for Tom I think the exact words shall be 'You ignorant, foul mouthed bastard. You actually let him convince you!?'" I laugh loudly.

"Oi, she'll have a few choice words for you too." Tom snorts and Sonja rolls her eyes.

"Like what?"

"Liiiike, 'I thought you were supposed to be in the with some sense in your head?!'"

Sonja clicks her tongue before nodding. 

Suddenly a blast of lightning shakes the tree and all three of us fall over into a tumbling mess on the floor. There's a flash of light as I try push Toms squirming body off of me.

Sonja digs her elbow into my shoulder as she scrambles up quickly and I let out a yell of pain.

"Oi, Sonja, watch it!" I yell as Tom rolls off me and I stand.

To be greeted with two pupil-less, white eyes. 

"Lord Mianite," I say dryly, "what a pleasure." 

"It always is Sparklez. Now, what is it my first Champion tells me about all of you needing a portal to Aethoria." The Gods voice is deep and rumbling and I sigh irritably.

"If you cared to talk to your sister at all you'd know." I say harshly. I see Sonja watching nervously from beside me but I shrug it off.

"Captain Capsize, one of the pirates, was taken the other day. Due to that circumstance, we've had to take steps to find out their location, without your help. And we have. Aethoria, the Void under it." 

I know my voice must sound cold and harsh but honestly I don't care. It seems to be the only way you get through to this God.

"And you're sure of this information, how?" 

"When it comes directly from your brother, Dianite, ya tend to be sure." Tom says from the floor, emotionless. 

Mianite considers me for a moment before his fingers snap and there's the sound of something crash landing.

"There's now a portal and an airship behind my temple." He says coldly, "I expect to hear news from my sister about her freedom, the latest, two days time." 

"Don't worry," I grit my teeth, "you will be."