Aethoria

The Reckoning
A Death in the Family

A/N
Before this chapter starts I'd just like to say a thing. Thank you, really. Y'all seem to have stuck through thirty or so parts of my mediocre writing and you've been nothing but encouraging the whole way, so again. Thank you. As for this book, don't worry. This won't be the last of Jordan and company's adventures that I write of. Make sure you look out for The First Meeting yet the Second.
That right there shall be the sequel to this book. But, for now. Enjoy.

+= Jordans POV =+

I give a glance to Sonja after Mianite leaves, as well as Tom. There's a swooping feeling in my stomach.

"That be surprisingly easy." Redbeard says and I turn to him "I expected more haggling."

"I think Mianite didn't want to bring out Jordan's angry side." Sonja chuckles weakly "I nearly had a heart attack during that conversation. You're damn lucky he didn't smite you."

"I did what I had to do. But now, we need to go home, get our gear. Be on alert. We haven't heard from Furia in a while." Sonja nods and bolts out the door, Tom hot on her heels. I turn to Redbeard who simply sits himself down on the couch.

"Told ye." He says simply. A smile suddenly spreads on my face.

"We're getting her back." I say.

"Be warned lad, Furias a nasty piece of work. Only Ianite knows - literally- what he did to her in there." Redbeard says gruffly, his eyebrows creasing.

"I don't care," I say strongly, starting to step backwards out of the tree "she'll still be Capsize. And I'll fix her, piece by piece."

I bolt out and to my house, practically crashing through my door and down my vault- grabbing my best sword, bow and arrows which are leaning against the wall. I've been ready to go for a while.

I peer inside the tree to see Redbeard gone, so I start running down the grass and towards the boat, my momentum allowing me to jump on in one clean leap. I see an orange figure in front of Tucker and Sonjas house start running down the steps, quickly followed by who I presume is Tucker.

I feel someone tap my shoulder and I yell, backing up and drawing my sword.

"Why hello there Sparklez." Furia drawls.