A New Love Interest

***Devon POV***

Everything went silent. Cameron turned his head from side to side. I could see a smirk crawl across his lips. He slowly walked across the store towards me. I walked backwards. Everyone was staring at us.

"Fuck you. Leave me alone." I moved from the side wall to the back wall . Cameron followed me. I winced at his crooked smile. I turned to face Mariah. I mentally begged her for help. She figured out my look and started to go by David. Cameron was getting a little too close for comfort.

“Bitch. You think it is ok to leave me for an idiot? Where is he? Where is the fag? Not here. Aww looks like poor little Devon is all alone. I’ll kill you bitch. I swear to god you will die. I hate you!” He spat on me. I could feel his breathe on my face. I closed my eyes preparing me for the impact of his hand. I felt nothing for a second.

“You’re ok Devon.” Mariah hugged me tightly. Or I assumed it was her. My tension went down slowly. I opened one eye to save myself the suspense. Mariah was holding me close to her. I sighed and hugged her back. Where the fuck did Cameron go? I looked over Mariah’s shoulder to see David holding him.

“How?” I asked.

“I took karate. I learned about all the pressure points. He isn’t dead.” David dropped the body. I stared at it with hate over-flowing my thoughts. Fuck you. Fuck you Cameron. I bit my lip trying not to cry. He was an asshole.

“How did you know him? He came in this store a few times before.” Mariah finally let go.

“I dated him in high school. He cheated on me. I left him for Frankie and I guess he wants to kill me. Hypocrite.” I mumbled. I cleaned up the shirts that he knocked over. I never wanted to see this asshole again.

“Seriously guys, thanks. I know not all of you helped, but it means a lot that you are sort of accepting me. I’m sorry for all the drama I have already started.” I announced as I put the last tee-shirts.

“It’s fine.” A few people said. Others patted me on the back and smiled. The store was quiet and boring like yesterday. Once again I started to draw on my sketch pad.

“Devon! You should be working. Everyone else is.” A voice I seriously didn’t want to hear screamed. The plump manager walked into the store to see us being non-productive. Why did he pick on me? Fuck him. I put my sketch pad back and went over to arrange the already arranged shirts. I could not wait until I go a promotion. It wouldn’t be for a while, but so far my job was boring. Fatass (manager) walked backed into his cave. I already hated him on the first day of work. I turned around to see if Cameron was still laying there. I could not believe fatass didn’t see him. I turned to see nothing. No one was on the ground. I started to panic. What if he got away? He knew where I worked. Shit.

“Where’s Cameron?” I asked slowly walking over to David. David looked around in response. His eyes grew when he noticed the body was gone.

“Fucking look out Devon.” David pushed me to the side. I screamed as a hanger met his head. I fell to my butt and crawled away. I couldn’t believe my eyes. David was on the ground knocked out. Mariah snuck up behind Cameron and tackled him. David cursed and slapped Mariah. She let go of him out of shock. The hanger hit his head as well. Shit. There was no one left that would actually care. Cameron stood up and walked over to me, grin on his face. He raised his hands with the hanger in them. His hands slashed down. I screamed and waved my hands.

“Devon! Devon!” A familiar voice screamed. I sat up sweaty and panicking.

“Where is he? Where is Cameron?”

“Babe, you were screaming. You were having a bad dream.” Frankie grabbed my hand with a worried look I his eyes.

“No Cameron wanted to kill me.” I looked at Frankie.

“Cameron isn’t here anymore. We moved remembered?” He rubbed my back. It was all a bad dream?

“Do I have work today?” I asked.

“Mmhmm.” Frankie got up and started to get ready. I did as well.
*************************************************************************************
Work was finished. Frank was outside the store like normal.

“Hey babe. We are going to Gerard’s, ok?” Frankie said as we got in the car. I nodded. The whole dream was seriously traumatizing. I kept looking at the door expecting Cameron to waltz right in. We headed into Gerard’s apartment. The door was partially opened so we just headed in.

“Gerard doesn’t seem to be here. You go check his room and I’ll call his cell.” Frankie offered. I agreed and headed into the only bedroom that seemed to be in there. Gerard was defiantly there. He was smooching on some girl that was very pretty. I cleared my throat. Gerard stopped eating this chick’s face and looked at me.

“What the fuck? Shit. Does that mean Frankie’s here?” Gerard seemed to panic. I nodded slowly. He ran out of the room leaving me and the girl alone. She smiled at me totally not bothered that I just caught her and Gerard.

“What’s your name?”

“Chrissi Jones. And you?”

“Devon Wheeler.”

“So your Frank’s new love interest. Interesting.”

“New? What does that fucking mean?”

“Oh nothing.” She slid past me and into the living room.

New love interest? What?