Daddy Issues

***1 Month Later***

***Devon's POV***

Everything was going as planned. Frank had performed in California and I got to see him. I have been working hard with my job even when I get bored. Chris and I have been hanging out almost every day. It had been a good month.

"Hey Perry." I said as she picked up the phone.

"Hey Devon. The baby is due soon." She said. I nodded already knowing this.

"Is it a girl or a boy?" I hadn't asked her this yet.

"It's a boy remember." She laughed. I laughed as well.

"I might come and visit okay?" I said. She agreed and I hung up. I didn't know what to do considering today was my day off. I could go walk around town, but I was lazy so I decided to just hang around. Maybe I could write lyrics or a story or something. I used to do that all the time as a kid. It could be nostalgic or something. I ran into my room and grabbed two notebooks. I sat at the desk and started to write. I didn't know exactly what I was going to write about, but I let my hand flow along the paper.

******************************************************************************************************

"Really babe?"

"Mmhmm, I'm going to visit Perry with the excess money I have. I might visit my dad as well." I told Frank. It was late at night, but we always talked this late.

"Frank go to bed. Jesus. Shut up Gerard. Sorry." Frank apologized.

"It's chill. Anyway, I'm going to sleep. I love you Frankie."

"Love you." I hung up and fell asleep.

******************************************************************************************************

I grabbed my bags and headed for the airport. I was super excited to see Perry and I didn't tell her I was visiting so it would make it that much better. The plane ride would be a good six hours, but that meant I could write some more. I was thirty minutes earlier then planned when arriving to the airport. Perfect. I went through the whole airport process and was ready to get on the plane almost an hour before departure. I decided to grab some food before the plane took off. I went to the food court and bought some Chipotle and sat in the back. Some teenagers came up to me.

"You are Frank's girlfriend."

"Ew, no she's not. She is way to ugly to even talk to Frank."

"Dude, she is totally Frank's girlfriend."

"Nope. If she could date my Frankie, then anyone can."

"Whatever. Hi Devon Wheeler." The nicer one came up to me and shook my hand. The other girl huffed and stormed off.

"Don't mind her. So, why are you here without Frank?" The girl acted as if she has known me my whole life.

"Ummm...he is on tour. So why are you traveling alone?" I asked. The girl giggled.

"I am with my marching band. We are going to Florida to perform. I'm Piper.” She shook my hand.

“Well, I am going to visit my friend Perry.”

“Like Gerard’s cousin?” I flinched at her comment. I remembered how Perry told me that she didn't want people to know that Gee and her were cousins.

“Yes, but please don’t tell people that.” I smiled at her. She smiled.

“I have to go. My plane leaves soon. Thank you so much Devon. I seriously love you.” She waved off and ran towards the rest of the marching band. It was sweet that someone was a ‘fan.’ I mean she wasn't fangirling over me, but no one has ever come up to me.

“New Jersey plane leaves in twenty minutes.” I heard over the loudspeaker. I finished up my food and ran to the plane. No one was boarding yet, but people were getting ready. I got on line to board the plane. I was super excited to see my dad and Perry.

*************************************************************************************

I got into my rental car and put all my shit in the back. I was going to visit my father first and then Perry. It was going to be an exciting week. I drove to my old house. I knew the way like the back of my hand I hadn't called my father in weeks so I was kind of nervous to see him. I licked my lips as the house came into view. What if my father hated me? What if he was pissed that I didn't call? Jesus, I could back out now. No. I had to see my father. I parked the car and go out. I strolled to the door and took small steps. I knocked on the door and waited. No one answered. I wouldn't give up though. I knew my father hid a key under the plant. I grabbed the key and opened the door. There were beer bottles everywhere. What the fuck? My dad had never drunk before. Well after my mother left us. I frowned at the idea. I hated my mom for leaving us. I knocked the feeling out of me. I walked around the beer bottles.

“Dad!” I screamed. The house echoed. There was banging. I gulped. My father slumped down the stairs.

“Ashley?” My father said. I gasped and held my breathe. No. My dad had never mentioned my father when I lived in my house. Fuck.

“No dad it’s me.” I whispered. I could feel the tears stroll down my face. Why would he even mention mom around me?

“Ashley! Ashley you came back.” He swayed back and forth. His eyes were bloodshot and his mouth looked like someone drew a grin on it.

“Dad stop. It’s me. Devon.” I screamed at him. He started swinging his hands towards me. I dodged his hands.

“Fuck Ashley. I missed you.” He started laughing out loud. I bit my lip and ran behind the couch.

“Ashley, Ashley, Ashley. Oh Ashley, you can run but you can’t hide.” He threw a bottle that he grabbed from the ground and it hit me straight in the stomach.