Ouch

***Chrissi's POV***

Devon left me home alone, but I have been calling Gee a lot. I guess that makes up for it, but I miss her. She was my boredom helper. I decided to go get Devon a present for being a good friend. I had nothing better to do. I thought of all the things she liked. I remembered that she told me that she used to skateboard, but didn't have one anymore. I knew a skateboard shop called 'Zumies' in the mall. A grin crawled across my face as I drove there. She would do the same for me. I passed Hot Topic and went straight to Zumies. It was weird passing there knowing Devon wasn't working. She would always check me out. Whatever, she was visiting friends. I entered Zumies. The guy winked at me. I rolled my eyes and headed to the back. The store was empty. I went through the skateboard not exactly knowing what I was doing.

"Can I help you?"

"Yes, I am looking for a...penny board...I think." I think that is what is was called. He nodded and pointed towards super tiny boards. I understood why they were called penny boards now. I walked over and looked at the boards. I checked the price and my eyes widened. I knew why she didn't own one now.

"I can help you with that price." The flirty worker said behind my back. I guess my good looks were a help for once. I decided to play along with it. It was for Devon and I knew she would be so happy. I grabbed the one that was orange. It was sad that they didn't have the cool designs on the bottom, but those probably cost more. I walked over to the cask register batting my eyelashes and twirling my hair. The guy was getting butterfly's and you could tell from the budge in his pants. It wasn't that I was staring, it was just visible. Off that topic, we argued about a price and finally ended on half the price the skateboard would normally cost. I was satisfied with my job so I headed to get coffee.

*****************************************************************************************************

***Devon's POV***

I decided to head back to Perry's after the 'incident.' Maybe we could go out to dinner or something. She should have been home by then considering I was out for like two hours. Well that's what I expected. I went back to the house to see no one was home. Fuck me. I decided to call her. No one picked up. That’s just great. I sighed and decided to go see what happened to my father. There was nothing better to do. I went into the kitchen and left a note.

‘Hey! Call me when you read this! Devon!’

I ran out of the house and into my car. I needed to call Frankie as well. Why not? I grabbed my cell phone and called Frankie. He picked up immediately.

“Hey beautiful.” He said. I blushed.

“Hey Frankie. I’m going to visit my dad.” I said.

“That’s great sweetheart.” He grinned through the phone.

“Mmhmm. I miss you.” I tried to concentrate on the road, but it was hard. I sighed.

“I miss you too.”

“I need to go. I just wanted to hear your voice.”

“Call me later.” I agreed and hung up the phone. I kept on driving while not really thinking. I was too tired to think. I was too tired to move. I looked up to see the light go yellow. I could beat it easily. It would get my adrenaline running which would help me wake up. I grinned and sped off. I was begging there were no police around. There were no cars and that was for sure. No one ever drove in this town. It was a waste of money considering the town was so tiny. I saw the light start to turn red as I was driving. I could beat it. I pushed harder on the gas. I made it across. Well halfway.

“Get the fuck out of the road.”

There was a bang. I couldn’t see anymore.