Coming Out

I sat on the counter with my hands moving across the drawing pad. Mariah was in the corner singing her heart out. Truthfully, she wasn't half bad. Then there was David. There was no doubt in my mind that David had a huge crush on me. I'm not a cocky person, but the way he looked at me gave off his vibes. I also had Mariah tell me. Well I didn't exactly ask her, I hinted at it. At least David wasn't an ugly asshole like the normal guys in our generation. David kept peaking over his shoulder and staring at me. I smiled at him every time he did. He would look back at his work and then peak again. I felt bad for not liking him back. He seemed like an okay guy to like, but I liked Frankie.

"Can I get this?" my daydreaming stopped when a customer walked up to the counter. I checked out his items.

"That's three times Dev." Mariah skipped over to me with a grin on her face.

"What?" I hated when she called Dev. She rolled her eyes as if I had any idea of what she was talking about. Mariah always seemed to do this. She would pretend that I knew what she was talking about. She giggled at my frustration.

"You have checked out David three times today. Don't pretend that you didn't because I saw it." she circled around me. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm in a happy relationship matter-o-factly, so no, I was not checking David out. If anything he was checking me out." I smirked at Mariah. She stuck her nose up and went back to the corner. I sighed. I turned and looked at David once more. It isn't like i wanted to, well I did, or did I? I didn't know. I didn't like David. I knew that for a fact. I liked Frankie. End of story.
*************************************************************************************
***Chrissi's POV***

"Shut up stupid." I was on the phone with my best friend Jess. We were arguing about stupid things such as makeup and dying our hair.

"Nope. Your going to regret dying your hair pink. Trust me, remember when I died it red and it turned out pink? Couldn't get a job or even an interview for a month. I mean Hot Topic was hiring, but I had worked there most of my high school years. Just trust me on this one." She took a deep breathe. I knew she was trying her best to help me, but this was my choice. At the same time I really didn't want to do it pink.

"I'll call you back." I hung up the phone before she could put up a fight.

"Gee, I need you." I screamed. It echoed throughout the apartment. Gee came out of the bathroom with only a towel on his tower half. I had to resist myself from pulling it off.

"Should I dye my hair? I think it would be a good idea." I asked him. He moved his eyebrows and closed his eyes. Confused by his reaction, I sighed.

"No. Don't dye it pink, but another color. Something more you, like blue. Yes, blue would be beautiful sugar.” He smiled at me and headed back into the bathroom to get dressed. I put down the pink hair dye and grabbed my car keys. I was going to Rite Aid to get blue hair dye. Gee was right, pink didn’t suit my style at all. I wasn’t going to tell Devon yet because I wanted to keep it a surprise. Maybe she would want to dye her hair too. Then we could be matching. I was super excited to finally be leaving my comfort zone.

“Gee I’m going to Rite Aid.” I screamed. I didn’t hear an answer, but I kept walking.
*************************************************************************************
***Devon’s POV***
Work had finally ended with a pretty productive day. I took off my keychain and hung it in my back locker along with the bracelets I wore to show them off to buying customers. Mariah left a hour early so I wasn’t going to stay later tonight. As I walking out, I felt a hand on my shoulder.

“Devon, I need to talk to you. Would you mind going to the food court or something?” David had grabbed my shoulder. I smiled and agreed. I was ready for whatever he was going to throw at me even if it meant telling him the truth about my feelings. We went towards the food court in silence which I didn’t mind. I wanted to think about how I was going to tell him that I didn’t like him. When we got there, I bought some Chiptole which I was in love with. We sat near the end of the food court which was empty. David sighed.

“I think I’m gay. Well, I don’t think I know. I don’t know how to tell Mariah so I wanted to ask for advice.” I started to choke on my food. David was gay!? No, Mariah told me that he had liked me. Was she lying or assuming or what? I needed to help David out though. He deserved it.

“Tell her. Straight out. If she doesn’t agree with it, I’ll be here.” I said. David smiled thankfully.

Damn I was not expecting that.