Death Is Upon Us

***Frank's POV***

We were driving up to the hospital finally. I wanted to jump out of the car and run into the hospital and see Devon perfectly okay and this was all a dream. The other part me wanted to hide in this bus way to scared to see how Devon was doing. I licked my lips and stood up. Gerard patted my back and led me out of the bus. I saw Mikey giving me a weak smile. Gerard was slightly pushing me into the hospital. I couldn't do this. I couldn't look at Devon almost dead. Imagine the pain behind it. She was probably flinching in pain. I heard that in comas you can hear everything, but there was no reaction. Was she even in a coma? I couldn’t think straight.

“Gerard I can’t do this. I am going to flip my shit.”

“Frank, I don’t know how I would react, but right now she is dying and seriously needs you. We need to face our fears sometimes even if it hurts ourselves. If you truly love her then go in there and hold her hand through this.” Gerard gave me an inspirational speech. I sighed knowing Gerard was right. I gave him a small smile before heading into the hell hole. The aroma of medicine and sick people overcame me. I took a deep breath and headed to the front desk.

“Devon Wheeler.” I said.

“Oh, you’re the person who keeps calling. I’ll show you the way.” The nurse who I assumed kept answering the phone led the way. She had a top bun that was very messy. She was tan as fuck with pale blond hair. She had too much makeup on. What a Jersey Shore character. I rolled my eyes and followed her. I took a quick peek behind me to see Gerard giving me a reassuring smile. I nodded at him. It was now or never. I could easily back down, but at the same time I couldn’t. We were so close to the door. I felt it. It was weird. The nurse pointed to the door while clicking the words.

“The door is straight down the hall. Room 32. Good luck.” She winked with a flirty attitude. I stuck up my nose and took long slow steps towards the end of the hall. I bit my lip as the door came into view. Room 32. I walked a tad bit faster and it turned into a sprint. I burst into the room to see Devon still laying in the bed not awake. Perry was on the couch. Her mouth dropped when I entered. I really didn’t care. I ran up to Devon and grabbed her hand. It was ice cold. I turned to Perry who was red from tears. She looked like she had been crying for hours. I gave her a questioning look which made her only start to cry. I sighed. I looked at Devon who was as pale as a ghost. I needed to see a doctor now.

“What is happening to her?” I asked.

“She is dying. I don’t think she will survive. There is an only 2% chance she will.” I jumped at the voice of the doctor. I turned to see a girl with gorgeous brown eyes. She had brown hair that wasn’t too long but wasn’t too short. Her name tag read ‘Jamia Nestor.’ How could I be saying these things while Devon was dying next to me. I was checking some doctor out. At least she tried to save her. Well I’m assuming because it was her job. I sighed. Jamia came over and patted me on the back. I smiled weakly at her.

“Thank you for trying to save her.” I looked at the ground while saying this.

“It’s my job.” She said while shrugging her shoulders. Perry looked at me, her eyes puffy and disgusting. I needed to tell Gerard to tell Chrissi. She deserved to know. Keeping it a secret would not help anyone out. I left the room to see Gerard standing outside of it.

“Call Chrissi.” I directed him.

“Are you crazy? You were right! We need to tell her in person.” Gerard shook me.

“No, I was worried and pissed. I thought maybe we could tell her in person while Devon was there. But Devon isn’t coming back.” I started to whimper. I wasn’t going to be able to hold in the tears much longer. I felt one drip down my face. Gerard looked at me and nodded. He walked off. I didn’t want to hear this conversation. I walked back into the room.

*************************************************************************************

***Chrissi’s POV***

I strolled out of my bed still tired as fuck. I checked the time. It was around 11AM. Too early for a non-work day. I got cold pizza out of the fridge and heated it up. I took a bite out of it before the phone started to ring. I grabbed the phone and answered with pizza hanging out of my mouth.

“Hello.” I said to the best of my ability with pizza in my mouth.

“Hey baby.” I grinned at the familiar voice.

“What’s up? How is the tour?” I asked.

“The tour ended.” He said with a worried voice.

“I thought it ended in two weeks.” I questioned.

“We ended early. Something happened.” His voice cracked.

“What happened?” I asked slowly secretly not wanting to know the answer.

“Devon is in the hospital. She got hit by a car and is dying.” He whispered. I gasped, but no voice came out. I felt everything get dizzy and I dropped the phone. Shit. Shit. Shit.

I fainted.