Chapter 9: A Walk, A Talk, And A Cut

As I ran to the Cove I started regretting not grabbing my knife. A day without food will have to do instead. Though I'm pretty sure I'll actually go home tonight. I could cut there. But would Toothless even want me there? Or my dad at my house. Probably not but Hey worth a shot. Right?

I was snapped out of my thought as I tripped over a tree root. The tree root that lead to the cove. (AN remember the tree root you see him walk over when he finds Toothless the first time. You have to really look)

"Toothless" I yelled hoping for an answer still doubting he would want to see me. Then I saw it. A glimmer in the root. Half listening for an answer,stupid hope your not going to get one, I picked it up.

"Huh what is this," I asked myself. The mental note to not talk to myself gone from memory.

"DON'T TOUCH THAT!" A voice yelled.

"Toothless...? Why not?"

"It's cursed...ish please just don't touch," Answered my best friend.

"Umm...oops?"

Toothless just face palmed. Funny how when he talked a black mist tinged with some yellow and tan.

"Hey Bud"

"Ya"

"Why is there mist when you talk." I said.

Toothless answered with a sigh," It takes away your power to understand dragons straight away. You have to connect to the system."

"System?" I questioned.

"Yes, basically words appear in the heads of all the dragons connected and unconnected but you have to be connected to actually speak."

"So the mist?"

"I was getting to that."

"Sooorrryyyy"

"Now the mist is a color that reflects yo-..."

"So that's why yours is black."

"Yes now stop interrupting." Toothless mumbled something about being thirteen and teenagers in general, even though he's the same age.

"Now it always has a ting of a different color for your mood."

"How do you tell," I asked.

"Okay the key is this Red is Mad."

"Kinda got that."

"Orange is confused, and yellow is happy."

"Oh well I didn't know that," I said rolling my eyes."

"Ugh just shut up...know..,"

" snappy much."

"Agh ok green is sick, blue is sad, purple is overjoyed, pink is love, silver is confident, teal is like a longing or craving like being homesick, tan is annoyed, and finally gray is depressed. Like depressed depressed not just sad depressed."

"Ok, got it....so what is my main color?"

"A forest green."

"Like my eyes?"

"Yes," he said getting annoyed.

"Ohh is the dragon getting annoyed, so snappy much," I said knowing he hates it."

"Question much." He shot back. Dang you Toothless you know how to hurt a soul alright. Even know I could do better.

We chatted a little more about Vikings and there houses, dragons nests, and polkadot socks. Don't ask. We finally settled on Toothless telling me a story about flight. Just him telling me about it sends me into a craving. He must of seen the teal cause what he did next surprised me.