Chapter 15: Thanks

"Your late"

"Well hi to you to Toothless," Hiccup responded as he made his way through the trees.
"Your still late"

"Well I'm sorry I can't be here perfectly on time every day of my life, I've got other things ya know"

Toothless gave him that look. The one that can see threw his lies in a second. It was no different this time.

"H-hey I-I do, j-just not u-usually," Hiccup spoke quietly as he set the basket on its side, spilling the contents.

Toothless had no more to say. He just pounced on the fish hungrily.

"Toothless, you think you can help me with a problem."

Only a gurgle in return.

"I need a knife..."

A growl.

"for 'Dragon training,' please" pleaded Hiccup

"Nope" Toothless said between fish.

Hiccup just rolled his eyes "So nice, ugh, please?"

"No. Your not getting your knife back, now. I want to be drawn please."
"What?!"
"Yes I've seen what Vikings do. They draw thingys. So draw me!"
"Ok," Hiccup muttered. "Vain dragon."
----------------------------------------------
"Keep your eye on the dragon at all times," Gobber instructed. The Deadly Nadder we were fighting took this time to shoot fire at our 'Teacher'. Gobber dodged and screamed curses at the dragon.
   Hiccup creeped up behind the Nadder. 'Hmm," He thought,' If Toothless likes being pet, than maybe...'
   He stretched out his arm and slowly touched the Nadder tail. With no reaction from the dragon, Hiccup deemed it safe to start petting the spikes downward.
   The Deadly Nadder turned around and started 'purring?'
   "That feels nice, thanks human-boy-Viking thing."
   "Uh; your welcome?"
   Hiccup froze. Whoops. He just spoke and petted a dragon in front of everyone. He looked around.
   'Thank Odin' It looked as if everyone was distracted by trying to attack the Nadder. No one notice how it was facing Hiccup and purring? Oh well.
   "What's your name," whispered Hiccup. While (again) moving to 'attack' and 'defend'.
   "Don't have a real one," The Dragon said, playing along with the act. "My mom called me Fly but I don't like that name."
   "Well. Your scales look almost stormy, so how about Pegasus?"
   "No! I am a dragon. Not a flying horse!"
   "Ok. How about, Aladdin?"
   "IM A GIRL!"
   "Uh ok.. Hurricane?"
   "Just...No..."
   "Um, Stormfly!"
   "YA! STORMFLY!"
   Astrid threw an axe and hit Stormfly's head.
   "Hiccup! It was getting ready to attack! You need to defend yourself!" She scolded.
   Hiccup flinched. Stuttered for a bit. Mumbled a bye, to the dragon probably, and was off.
   Everyone sorta stared. Rudely.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Ok, so. I will try and update every other day now. TRY! I'm on a road trip thing all around the country. IM SO SORRY!!!! I really don't have any excuses for not updating. But I'll be better. Promise.
   Also, I have a new story... It's called Shots in the Dark. I'll update that a lot more than I did this. I'll be better! New Year Resolution!! (It's kinda late for that?)
   Byes!!!!

 I'll be better! New Year Resolution!! (It's kinda late for that?)   Byes!!!!