Chapter 19: Liar

"Are u sure it's safe?" Hiccup asked peering out the opening of the cave. He moved the vines they had placed at the opening last night and quickly let them fall back. Last night there had been a random dragon fight outside and they wanted to stay hidden.
"No, " Toothless replied from his position on the top of the cave.
"Didn't you say it was...."
"No, You did. And guess who turned out to be a liar."
Hiccup looked back over his shoulder, "I didn't say it was necessarily safe~ I just thought it was a good place to stay for a while."
Toothless yawned and glared at Hiccup, clearly unimpressed. He dropped down and shoved Hiccup on his back. Toothless jumped through the vines and took off.
   "Hey!" Hiccup shouted over the loudness of Toothless's flight, "At least didn't almost get shot at!"
  "And whose fault is it we even came close to getting hit?"
   Hiccup threw his hands up in the air, " Not mine!"
  For the next 40 or so minutes they were silent as they flew peacefully over the ocean occasionally Toothless would give down and attempt to snatch a fish leaping out of the ocean.  He never caught one.
  Finally, Hiccup spoke up, " Soooo where are we staying tonight?"
  "Nowhere u pick Fishbone, " Toothless pretty much snarled.  He veered back to land and flew above the trees.
  "Well, can we at least go back and get my stuff."
   "You almost died!"
  "Is that really a new thing? Am I ever really not almost getting killed?"

Toothless just glared and continued flying.