Chapter 12:The First Day

Hiccup's POV

'Best days?' I thought. Lie 'Worst' Truth. I am absolutely, totally,extremely, 100%, bet my evening drawing sessions for a week sure, it's not going to be the best. My thought of all the other bets I was making,was Rudely interrupted by Gobber's attempt at a joke. Random as ever.

"Ok what does a dragon breathe." He started. Everyone seemed a little surprised at his out burst but still blurted out answers.

Gobber had told me this-horrible doesn't even make sense- joke many times before, so I stayed quiet and tried my best to do the one thing I'm good at, being invisible. Even though I was placing my skill into effect, Gobber had to mouth 'be quiet' to me. Cause that soooo what not I'm doing right now.

Finally after what feels like an hour. Gobber finished his joke, (ha ha it's hot air,I never got it anyway) Well Snotlout tried to be smart before that by saying fire, but in reality...sorry Snotlout.

"Wow Gobber, that was a great joke," Astrid remarked in fake enthusiasm. Gobber somehow didn't catch it and said thanks.

"Just trying to get on his good side," Snotlout mumbled.

"What did you say?" She replied back sweetly, obviously fake again.

"Oh..he he... You see just nothing much babe I just had to ."

"What did you say, What Did You Say, Oh you better pray to Thor I don't hear you say that again or on my mothers honor you will lose that sweet talking mouth of yours AND YOUR BEHIND YOU...mmmhmmmhmm," Astrid started before being muffled with that muzzle Gobber brings around. Just don't ask.

"Now Dragon Training, behind these doors," Gobber started, gesturing to the doors," Their is every species you'll be fighting. A Deadly Nadder"

"Hey that's me, are we going to play a game. A voice said, making everyone jump back. I almost screamed, all the previous commotion forgotten, but remembered that I don't know how to disconnect to this 'system' so I could hear the dragons. To keep my self from screaming, running, or answering, I needed to do something logical.So the only logical thing to do would be......ignore them and what is Fishlegs whispering to me.
Fishlegs started to say some thing about Nadders, speed or fire or something I don't really know.
As Gobber was introducing the other dragons, a Gronkle, Zippleback, Terrible Terror, and a Monstrous Nightmare. Each time launching into a huge lecture on rules, speed, firepower, and defense.
I ignored Gobber and listened into the dragons conversation, wasn't I trying to ignore them? Oh well...
"A fine scare my friend." The Nightmare started.
"I didn't want to scare 'em, I was just excited...I like tag." The Nadder then defended.
A Terrible Terror confessed," Well you are pretty scary, and that's coming from the bravest strongest bestest..." I could almost see the dragons rolling their eyes but letting the Terror finish. "Prettiest, loveliest, nicest and overall the smartest."
  The Nightmare clears his throat signaling something from the Terror. At this moment I was comparing the Terror to Snotlout, but there was only one difference, the Terror didn't bully their own kind( And other kinds) like someone I know.
   Then the Terror started up again," Well except for the Night Fury..." Then my breath suddenly stopped. What was the little Terror talking about, Toothless said that there was only one, well he didn't say it but he definitely hinted at it. And everydragon, and well me, knows a dragon that doesn't go back to...where ever their from is a...dead dragon.
  The dragons were silent. So was Gobber. I guess he asked a question and was expecting an answer. I put on my best innocent look, an old joke, and stared at him.
   "Hi," I said.
  All Gobber did was give me a(playful) glare. I don't think the others realized that cause they backed away. Again. One of these days they're going to run into a wall.
I then switched gears to the dragons conversation again, still thinking about Toothless. I wonder if he wants me to visit. Probably not, no one likes me, I'm just wasted space, but just maybe...
"HICCUP!" A female voice screamed.
"Yes..." I responded.
"We've been calling you for a whole minute." The female voice-which I discovered was Astrid- yelled? She wasn't yelling she was...talking softly? My depression getting a the better of me.
Astrid's POV
I never got to talk to him, Gobber began discussing Nadders. I listened intently, I loved Nadders, the thought of killing one of their beautiful kind, mounting it on a spear, showing it to everyone... It's just...perfect.
"Nadders have the hottest fire out of all of the known dragons, the only dragon that can compare is, Fishlegs stop whispering to..."

Then we heard Hiccup gasp. Gobber called his name and he snapped out of it. I don't know what caused his hitch up, but he looked surprised. It was then, randomly, he said hi and gave an innocent look. He looked so cute with his puppy eyes.
Gobber glared at Hiccup. Everyone except Hiccup backed off. I swore I heard HICCUP mumbling about walls, weird.
Gobber changed the subject to Gronkles and Fishlegs stopped whispering. About an hour later, class was done. Hiccup ran. I mean RAN. He was gone in the blink of an eye. Is he hiding something?

Hiccup's POV
"Speaking of Nightfury I smell one," The Nightmare picked up," The small one, the royally human."
After that all I heard was noise occasionally grasping some words like "mark" or "prince". Gobber dismissed us. Wait he dismissed us...Knife.

A/N: THIS CHAPTER IS NOT A FILLER IT CONTAINS IMPORTANT INFO!!!!!!!!!
it's not as long as I wanted but it will have to do. I WILL update more often. Please comment. It makes my day.