Chapter 1-Trip To Hogwarts

I stared absentmindedly out the window, smiling. The war was over and now back to books and my final year at Hogwart's.

"-mione, are you listening?"

Ron's voice takes me out of my wonderland. He squeezes my hand gently and smiles. "We were talking about the Hogwarts and you drifted away from us."

Ginny laughs and smiles. Harry and Ginny are sitting across from Ron and me in our compartment. "Weasel. Professor McGonagall is requesting your presence Mudblood. Only if Weasel can release you from that overprotective grip."

"Shut up Malfoy!"

I rest my hand on Ron's arm, "It's okay. It's probably just about academics."

I get up and Ron's stupid foot trips me. I tumble head first forward. I expect a face full of floor but instead strong arms hold me up and keep me standing. Draco has caught me around my waist and set me back up.

"Lucky I caught you Mudblood. Would've broken your nose. Not that would've made you any worse looking."

For one moment I was hoping that he actually caught me out of kindness. "Malfoy get your hands off her."

I felt Ron's gaze on me and I realize that Malfoy still has his hands holding my waist. "Just making sure she isn't like messed up when McGonagall sees her."

He turns around briskly, letting go of me, and walking away. I follow after him all the way to the Teacher's compartment. "Ah Ms. Granger, please sit down."

I slide next Malfoy and smile at Mrs. McGonagall. "What have you summoned us here for?"

"I need my Head Prefects of course."

Head Prefect! That means I'm a Head Prefect! Wait that also means...

"I'm a Head Prefect, Professor?"

"That is correct Mr. Malfoy."

"Can you just call me Draco Miss?"

"And me Hermione?"

"Of course. It does get boring saying Miss and Mr over and over. Now here are your badges and I expect you to go to the Head Prefect car. Also you two shall be sharing a living dormitory. You each have your own rooms. I shall see you once we get to Hogwarts."

I smile an leave the car feeling extremely nervous. I can hear Draco following behind me. I sit down in the compartment marked "Head Prefect."
The former Death Eater sits across from me.

His mark shows slightly from his robes. I catch myself looking at it and studying it. "Didn't anyone ever teach you to not stare. It's quite rude. Or did Muggle's never teach a Mudblood that?"

"I am sorry. Just that your Mark is quite fascinating."

"Not to me."

He rubs his Mark absentmindedly. "I really am sorry. It just amazes me that it binds you to one person."

"One terrible evil person who made my past awful and enslaved many people and then murdered them."

I look out the window from this dark proclamation. "Hey Hermione, I lost Trevor again."

Neville stands in front of the door. He's looking around curiously while a fat toad sits a top his head. "Neville he's um right here."

He pats his head and Trevor lets out a loud croak. "Ohh yeah I have to um go back to Luna now."

Luna and Neville, the perfect match. Wait a minute, Trevor, Crookshanks! I get up, "What are you doing, Granger?"

"I need my cat Malfoy."