Chapter 22- Visiting Old Friends

Hermione's POV, 2 Days later

I yawn and rub my eyes. Wednesday, two more days and your a graduate of Hogwarts School For Witchcraft and Wizardry.

I move my neck around, hearing it crack once. I heard that Pansy and Baisly's date went well. Draco assistance was apparently required. Where was Draco? I swore I fell asleep with him last night.

I look around. I swear if Triena got out of prison, again, I was going to scream. I walk out into the lounge and jump. Harry is sitting on the couch. "Harry!"

I am only wearing undergarments. He looks up at me, blushes, then looks at the floor. "Draco told me to tell you that he's spending the day with Baisly. I need to borrow you anyways. Hagrid was hoping to see us today. Can you please go get clothes on....Hey! You were in Draco's room!"

I run across the lounge, into my room. I grab my shirt and jeans, slipping them on. I put my robe on too of course.

I walk out to a blushing Harry. "I'm wearing my robe Harry you can look."

He looks up and I can practically see the relief. "Okay now Hermione, Hagrid wants me to go to his house with you."

"I'm down with that. I got my wand and everything. Let's go. Wait class!"

"It's a free day Hermione."

I slap my forehead. "Of course!"

Harry opens the door. Snape smiles at me. "Cheating on Draco with Potter? I should've known Granger."

"Come on Snape. I love Draco. And Harry had Ginny."

"You mean...Weaselette?"

"I can see Draco told you his nickname for her."

"He was so annoyed with her. He wondered what was so interesting about Harry that he didn't have."

"Hello I'm standing here!"

"I know Potter."

Harry shuts his mouth after that. "So, Hermione, two days ago I heard plenty of commotion in there."

He raises an eyebrow and I shake my head no. "We are saving that for honeymoon."

"I bet Draco would do it anywhere and anytime with you Hermione. He used to talk so fondly of you."

I feel blush coming to my cheeks. "Snape we need to get to Hagrid's house so I'll tell him you say hi. Bye!"

I quickly walk away with Harry. Snape is sitting back there chuckling. "Saving it for the honeymoon eh?"

"Shut up Harry!"

I cuff the back of his head. We walk out into the sunshine. I can see Hagrid, standing with Fang, outside his hut.

"Hagrid!"

Harry and me take off in a run to the keys master. "Harry! Hermione!"

He greets us with a big hug. "Oh I've missed the visits. Hermione, you've grown into a beautiful young woman. Draco is a lucky man. Ginny is a lucky woman to have you Harry."

"How did you know about Draco?"

"Well you all got drunk by the lake and I may have heard him propose first."

I smile, "We're you there Hagrid?"

"With Miss McGonagall and Mr. Flitwick."

I laugh, "Of course."

"I have to say it brought tears to my eyes. How are you gonna top that Harry?"

Hagrid chuckled his great big jolly laugh. "I'm not quite sure but Ginny is expecting something huge!"

"Hehe, well don't stand out here. Come on in!"

Hagrid leads us into his great house, where we sit down. "You know, I expected you and Ron or you and Harry together Hermione. Never in a million Draco Malfoy. Why I remember when he saw little Norbert. He was off and tattling right away. He's a sly, little, smart guy. I bet he will be somewhere high."

"Now that reminds me Hagrid, I have a special question to ask you."

He nods his big ol head. "What is it Hermione."

"Well, could you walk me down the isle on my wedding day?"

I've never seen him so happy. "Why of course! I would be honored to walk Hermione Granger down the isle! But what about your father?"

I lean against Harry, realizing that Draco and me never disclosed any information. I can remember it vaguely but I tried to delete it from my mind. Didn't work so well.

"Well my father may be a psycho and he may have killed my mother."

I feel tears drop from my eyes. Hagrid pats my shoulder and almost knocks me over. Harry strokes my hair gently. "I'm so sorry Hermione."

"Draco and me found out when we went home to find my home like that. Police officer explained what happened."

Hagrid scratches his head, "What's a polish office?"

"Police officer Hagrid. They enforce rules like the ministry of magic does."

Hagrid nods like he understands. "Yes I understand."

"Did I say that aloud?"

"Yes Hermione. Now I called you down here to show you something."

He takes out an egg. Harry hits his head off the table. "Don't do that Harry. You'll give ye self a concussion. Now you know Dumbledore's Pheonix?"

"Yes Hagrid....don't tell me-"

"That's right Hermione! It laid an egg and flew off. I know exactly what I'm going to name it!"

"What Hagrid?"

"Don't sass me Harry. It's name will be Evan if it's a boy and Feona if it's a girl."

We watch as the egg wiggles back and forth. "Hagrid...is it-"

"It's hatchin! Oh I'm so happy!"

Through the egg pecks a little beak. We watch more cracks develop. Then the egg splits. It's magnificent.

It has bright orange eyes and a grey beak. It's feathers were fierce red, orange, and yellow. It claps its beak towards Hagrid and waddles on its legs.

I knew Hagrid had his hands full. "Hagrid we should-"

"It's name is FireWing!"

Hagrid proclaims this with his mighty voice. "I didn't like Feona or Evan. FireWing is the best name for a phoenix of course."

I giggle at him. "Hagrid I must be going. I loved speaking with you though. Good luck with FireWing."

"Thanks Hermione."

Harry looks at me, "I'm gonna stay here a bit longer, if you don't mind."

"Of course I don't. Do what you wish."

I leave the little hut. I'm happy Hagrid will be walking me down the isle.

I'm extremely nervous to be walking down the isle though.
-----

Hey I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Hagrid walking her down the isle was a must! I was thinking Harry but I had to choose the him to do it because he honestly is more of a father than Harry.

I know what your thinking, Pheonixes can't lay eggs but they can even if they are reborn of fire it never says they cannot lay their own eggs.

Thanks for reading!

Vote comment and follow

Stay beautiful <3