Chapter 5-Down By The Lake

Hermione's POV

I open my eyes and see a blue eyed brat staring me in the face. "Finally decided to wake up eh Mudblood? We are doing Draco a major favor right now."

"What're you doing?"

"Getting rid of you of course."

My heart drops. Then I realize that I'm tied up against a stick. "Wait how exactly?"

"First we use the death spell. Then we throw you and your cat in the lake so they can't find you."

My heart stops, "Take me and leave my cat alone you jerks!"

"No way. Wait I have a good idea. Guys what if we throw them in first and then when they get washed up, we hit them with the spell?"

A boy comes beside her and whispers something. "Or I think we should just throw them in."

They grab a bag and I hear a hiss from inside. Little sharp claws spike out. "NO LEAVE CROOKSHANKS ALONE!"

I start balling for my kitten. My baby. "Fine leave the cat here for now and throw her in first."

Two beefy boys grab the stick I'm on and throw it on a small boat. They get on the boat and row to the center of the lake. "Please guys let me and my cat go."

"We would except that Triena said you and the cat have to die."

They both took hold of the bottom of the pole. I knew I was done for then. My stomach hurt and then I realized I would never see the one person I love ever again. Draco Malfoy.

"Wait! Before you throw me could you tell Draco Malfoy something for me?"

They both nod yes. "Yes miss."

"Tell him I love him and I'm gonna miss him."

"But he doesn't love you."

"He kissed me. Please tell me what that means."

"He loves you alright. We promise to tell him."

They then both started to hoist me over. Tears in my eyes, I fell in the water with a splash. I couldn't plug my nose so the water went straight down my throat. I was choking. A bright white haired angel filled my eyesight and I couldn't feel anything.
-----
Draco's POV

I got to the lake as fast as I could. There stood Triena. "Triena!"

She turns around, "Oh my Draco. I was just doing you some dirty work. Your little pest Mudblood is now no more. She's drowning in the lake as we speak."

I quickly rip my robe off and jump into the lake. I see my girl, bubbles escaping her nose. Her hands tied and a squirming bag next to her. I pick up her and kicked the bag up onto shore. I swam back with her.

I brought her up to shore. The bag was squirming and I open it. An angry looking Crookshanks is laying there, defeated.

I turn back to Hermione. Her face is pale and her heart is a faint flutter. I start giving her CPR. "Come on Hermione! Come on!"

Her eyes flash open and I see a spark of knowing in them before they shut again. Her breathing is back but there's still a struggle.

I give her more CPR. She coughs up water and I lay her on her side.

She's alive but out of it. "Why are you helping that Mudblood, Draco?"

"Because I love my Mudblood."

Crookshank coughs in agreement. "I am going back and I trust no one will harm her again, understood?"

Triena nods but I see the look in her eyes. It's a look of pure evil. Pure evil intention of hurting my Hermione.

I throw her over my shoulder and I make sure Crookshank is following behind us. I walk back to Hogwarts.
-----
Back At Hogwart's Imfirmary

I stare at the pale angel's face. Madam Pomfrey has been trying to get me out of here but it's no use when I'm here. This is my girl. No one will see her but me.

I hold her warm hand in my ice cold one. "Hermione you almost died because of me...I promise to protect you no matter the cost."