Chapter 6-Forgotten Friends

*I am adding this little note because some people are upset that I used the name Baisly instead of Blaise. Can I just say that I like calling him Baisly and will continue to do so in this book and the next? I'm sorry if this annoys anyone really bad...especially if your a big Potterhead like me. If you are saying to yourself 'If you put Baisly then you're not a Potterhead' then that is untrue. I love the series and just because I changed one name it doesn't matter does it? Does it really matter? It is just a name. So I am truly sorry to anyone who is really annoyed by this. Please don't comment something about Blaise/Baisly. Thank you for reading this paragraph. Done ranting now. Enjoy this chapter.

Hermione's POV

I feel an angel's voice talking to me. His hand is clasped around mine. I pry open my eyes and see my Draco's teary eyes staring into mine.

"Draco."

"Hermione! Your awake! Thank Merlin."

I sit up. "What happened."

"You almost drowned. Don't ever leave me like that again."

"I-I won't. What's gotten into you Draco?"

"I-"

"He saved your life Mione! He saved you from Treina! She threw you in the lake and he swam out to get you!"

Baisley, one of Draco's friends, is standing next to my bed. "Madam Pomfrey!"

She runs up to me. "Yes dear?"

"I'd like to go back to my room please?"

"Of course now that your awake dear."

Draco picks me up bridal style. "Excuse me, I can walk Malfoy!"

"I'm never letting go of you again Hermione. I'm never even letting you out of my sights. You honestly scared me. I thought I'd never see you again."

While he was talking, I didn't notice we were at our room. Snape raised an eyebrow but didn't say a word. "Polyjuice."

The door swung open and Draco brought me into his room. He put me down gently in his bed. He then left and locked the door. "Why'd you lock me in you idiot?!?"

"No more opening doors for strangers, Granger."

I frown and lay back. Wait I didn't see..."DRACO!"

He comes running in with have his face shaved, wearing a towel around his waist. "What?"

"Where's Crookshanks?"

He frowns and leaves the door open, walking back in the bathroom. He left without answering my question.

He came back with his shaving cream gone and his suit on. He sits down on my bed. "Come here Hermione."

I crawl onto his lap. He puts his arms around me. "Crookshank is at the infirmary. He's almost done for. Hermione, he was almost killed in a bag. He was old and now he's almost gone."

I bury my head in his shoulder. I feel tears leaking out. I feel everything yet I can barely speak. I can hear like I'm listening through a door. Everything blurs. "Hermione do you want to say goodbye?"

"Yes I believe he deserves it."

I get up and follow Malfoy back down the hallway to the infirmary. Madam Pomfrey meets us. "I expected you two to be back. Please take your cat Ms. Granger."

Madam Pomfrey holds up my cat who, in turn, hisses weakly. I cradle him and run back to our room. "Draco I'm sorry but I wish to be alone."

"I understand. I'll be in the lounge."