Chapter 2// Something suspicous

Maddisons POV
Jacob looked me dead in the eye, okay thats weird. "Alright ladies, change into this" says the councilor. He handed us red shirts. Without hesitation, We put them on. "GO TO THE FIELD" yelled the councilor. I got up and I threw away my plate. I noticed Jacob flirting with Melanie. I mean, I wasnt jealous, but I just dont like it... "Melanie!" I say. Melanie shot around. "yes?" she asked. "come on, he's the enemy" I say. He looked at me, Smiled, and winked. I couldnt help it, I blushed. "So you like Jacob?" I asked Melanie. She blushed, "Yeah" she giggled. "aww" I say, out of no where, Octavia, Ashley, Isabella, and Lizbeth popped out of a tree. "There you guys are!" says Lizbeth. "Chill! I almost had a hea-" "TEAMS GET IN YOUR POSITIONS" yelled the councilor. "SINCE THE GIRLS ARE NEW WE HAVE TO EXPLAIN THE RULES AGAIN, IF A PERSON IN THE OPPOSITE TEAM TAGS YOU, THEY HAVE TO DRAG YOU TO THEIR STARTING PLACE AND KEEP YOU PRISONER, HOW EVER, YOU MAY FIGHT BACK AND IF YOU'RE HORRIBLY INJURED THE GAME PAUSES OR ENDS. NOW THAT THATS TAKEN CARE OF, TEAMS, READY, SET, CAPTURE THE FLAG!" yelled the councilor. A guy came up to me. "Girls, follow me" he says. He was in red, we could trust him. We followed him and he led us to our flag. "This is the flag, I'm gonna be guarding it but I showed you just incase you get lost, oh, I'm Andrew by the way" he smiled. He was cute. We all introduced ourselves. "Okay girls, lets split up, yell for help if you need it!" I say. They all nodded. We split up and thats when things didnt seem so right.
Octavia's POV
I walked around the mini forest, it wasnt much of a forest but it was like if you had planted your own forest in a millionaires back yard. Pretty huge. I walked around and a blue thing dashed past me. Okay.... I continued to walk and someone, or something, threw a log in my path. I looked around and someone in the blue team was on the tree. He grinned. "Dont make me chase you, After all, girls cant run fast!" he laughed. "No but we can outsmart you! Why dont you just tell me where your flag is and I'll be on my way" I smiled sarcastically. He jumped off the tree and I finally got a better glimpse of his face, Mark. "I dont think so honey" he smiled. I smiled back and I ran, he was after me, I hid behind a bush and he past me. I sighed in relief, I turned around and screamed, he caught me and he dragged me past his flag, brilliant! Now if any of my team mates pass by I can tell them where the flag is! He dragged me to his so called "jail" and now im a prisoner. "I told you babe, bad luck" he smirked. "dont call me babe or I swear by the time I get out of here you're dead!" I say. He laughed and backed off. "Alright beautiful, I'm gonna go catch more of your team mates, I know Maddisons gonna be last" he says licking his lips. In disgust, I shivered. He left.
Maddisons POV
I found the flag! I heard a jump hit the ground hard, I turned around, Mark and Jacob were there. "see I told you she was last!" says Mark. "I guess you're not so dumb after all" says Jacob. "I know righ- hey!" I giggled and grabbed the flag. "Not so fast sweetie, games not over, you need to take that flag to your team and half your team is gone, including your little friends." Says Jacob "uh Jacob, you take care of this one, I see someone escaping jail!" says Mark running. Hmm, I see if he wants to play me, I'll play him. "Maddie come on, just give up, your team is gonna lose! They ALWAYS lose!" he laughed. Wait, first the messy cabin, then the most suckish team in camp, does the councilor hate us? right! back to my plan!I put the flag back to the pole. "you know Jacob" I say walking around him. he started to blush. "I could be yours" I say. He turned red. "I-Umm-" I wrapped my arms around his neck, he turned super red. "But..." I say rubbing his elbows. I grabbed the flag again. "winning is too much fun" I sneered. "wait what!" he says. I ran to my team and he was right behind me but like 8 inches behind. "You're faster then you look!" he panted. I giggled, I ran to my team and hung the flag. In shock, the councilor went over to my team. "RED TEAM WINS!" Yelled the councilor. The guys in my team cheered and the other guys admired me. I looked across and already, Jacob and Melanie were making out. a few tears slipped but I didnt care. I wiped them away and Mark came up to me. "You know, you're pretty fast" he says. "Yeah, I get that a lot" I smiled.
Marks POV
I saw Jacob getting angry, he doesn't like it when I talk to his crushes because I'm known for stealing his crushes hearts. "How old are you?" I asked, "13" she says. "Just like Jacob" I say. "I'm 15" I say. "Oh, you're 2 years older?" She asked. "well my birthday passed already so unless yours hasn't passed then I'm only a year older then you but if it passed then yeah, you can say that" I say, she smiled and giggled. "I'm gonna go now" she says, "I'll see you tomorrow" she smiled. I nodded and smiled and she left.
Maddies POV
I was walking to my cabin and I saw Jacob standing near a tree, I'm gonna go say hi. "Hey Jac-" he was making out with Lizbeth???? Wait a minute, first off, he kissed Melanie, now it's Lizbeth? A few tears slipped again but I wiped them away. I started to walk away and I think I broke a twig because I heard running towards me, "hey Maddie" he smiled. "Hi" I say. "So um, I just wanted to let you know, you're an amazing runner and I think you're really pretty" he smiled. I looked at him in disgrace. "Oh did you say the same with Melanie and Lizbeth?" I say walking away. "Hey you can't tell them!" He says. "Yes I can!" I say, "tell them go ahead, I'll make your entire Summer camp miserable!" He yelled. "Coming here was a mistake so go ahead! I'm leaving soon anyways!" I say. He got quiet. "I'm sorry" he says bashfully. "Whatever" I say walking away, he grabbed my hand. "Can we be friends?" He asked. I looked at him, well I could use more then just 7 friends. "Um, sure" I smiled. He smiled back. An awkward moment of silence then I felt his lips crash into mine. I pushed away, "what are you doing?!" I asked.
Authors note: woah.... Well, who knows what's gonna happen next, oh wait, I do! 😊 anyways, hope you guys loved this chapter or even liked it comment and vote! Thanks! ~Brooke💖