Chapter 23// We're Hopeless

Maddison's POV
Maybe we aren't safe after all! Up in the distance the exact same creature was hiding in a tree, staring at us, although it was still in Camp Springvilles territory. "Guys were not safe!" I say. They all looked at me besides Jacob, he didn't want to look at me, but you know what, I don't blame him. "What do you mean?" Asked Leilani. "Yeah?" Says Mark. "Look" I say signaling where to look. It took them a while, but it finally caught heir eye, Jacob came in contact with it within minutes. "I think that's enough swimming for today" says Jacob. "Yeah" says everyone. We quickly got out of the water and Leilani, Octavia, and I went to go our cabin. "Dibs on the shower!" I say. "Aw come on I call second dibs!" Says Octi. "Ughhhh I guess I'm third" says Leilani. I took a shower and I felt good to wash away all my stress and filth from the water. I got out of the shower and I let Octavia in. Leilani and I were talking about possible outcomes, but then again, the mythical shouldn't interfere with the modern. That's a rule I know about although I don't quite remember how. Anyways, we spent our time talking about this stuff and what we could do to prevent this from becoming a major problem, which, already is. Octavia got out of the shower and Leilani went in.
Octavia's POV
I've been thinking, since I do most of my thinking in the shower, since Lake Campion and Lake Springville connect together, could it be possible that the monster can still get us by traveling on the lake? Considering that lake champion is basically also lake springville. So what if Maddison is right? Maybe we're not safe at all. "Maddie I've been thinking, and I think you're right" I say. "About?" She asked. "About is not being safe" I say. She gave me her, "I'm interested keep talking" face. "I'm saying like since lake champion is basically a part of lake springville, can it be possible for it to come here?" I say. Her eyes were wide and she started snapping her fingers like crazy. "What if youre right!" She says. "But it wants nothing to do with you guys, just me" says Maddie. "Not to be rude or anything? But like why does it torture us? How come if it's after you it gives its revenge on us and not you?" I ask. "You're right" she sighed. "It told me it'd stop torturing us once I remember something, but what's there to remember? And shouldn't it already be banished? I remember a rule where the mystical can't interfere with the modern world" says Maddie. She's right, there is a rule about that and it's interfering with us, I feel like a kindergartner right where if I could, I'd go tell on it and get it in trouble and have it not come back into the classroom we call this world.
Leilani's POV
I got out of the shower and they explained to me their conversation, it made sense to me, but how can we use all of this, to help us? It's possible that it can still get us and it's possible that every breath we take could be our last, and when we close our eyes, we never wake up. It's scary, honestly I think we need to make a plan, but the thing is, it listens to what we say, it can think of what we say, so what can we do? we're hopeless...
Authors note: sorry guys I've been really busy lately and I just really need help on a bunch of things, I'd ask Emily to help me continue these couple chapters left but her ideas terrify me and she has a book to write as well, mostly the first reason😂 well hope you guys enjoy this chapter if this reaches 6+ votes I'll update tomorrow for sure! Ily guys! ~Brooke💖