Chapter 17// We need to talk

Maddison's POV
I finally found Jacob, he was in his cabin, he felt light headed after someone actually hit him with the actual nerf gun. I left him to rest. I went outside his cabin and I went inside mines, I saw Octavia talking to some girl I've never seen before. "Oh hey Mads!" Says Octavia "hey who's this?" I asked. "Oh! She's the new girl at camp, she's gonna be staying with us! She'll sleep at the top of my bunk" says Octavia. "Hey! I'm Maddison!" I smiled. "Hi! I'm Leilani!" She smiled. She was really gorgeous! She had beautiful brown eyes and nice brown hair, she seemed sweet. I talked for her for a while and she was actually really nice. "Oh yeah! Before you become friends with anyone at this camp not saying that you shouldn't, stay away from Melanie, Ashley, Lizbeth, and Isabella, they're pthe fake ones, they'll act supper nice to you but then when they find out all your little secrets, you end up being the embarrassment of the camp and I don't think you'd want that" says Octavia. "Noooo definitely not, but has anyone ever tried to play a prank on them?" She asked smirking. Octavia and I laughed. "I think you'll fit in great" says Octavia. "Let's go show you around camp!" I say.
Leilani's POV
Octavia and Maddison are extremely nice to me! I really like them both, but I was serious when I asked if anyone played a prank on the fakes. We walked outside and my eyes immediately laid eyes on a cute boy, he had dirty blonde hair, gorgeous blue eyes, and the sharpest jawline I've seen. "Ooooooohhhhhh Maddddieeeee!!! She's making heart eyes for Mark!" Cooed Octavia "why is he your boyfriend because I don't want to-" "chill, he's not my boyfriend, but he's single, my boyfriends over there" she says pointing at a cute tall kid with brown hair, Hazel eyes, and the nicest smile. I looked back at the kid with blue eyes, Mark, I believe. He was staring at me. My cheeks were red. "He's coming over here!" Says Maddie. My cheeks flushed with red. "Heyyy Mads and Octi" he says. "hey Mark" they both say. He looked at me. "And you are?" He asked. "Leilani" I say. "That's a beautiful name for a beautiful girl" he says. My cheeks were flushed. He had a big grin on his face. "How about I finish showing her around?" Asked Mark. Maddison and Octavia looked at me, smiled then nodded. "Cool, lets go" says Mark. I was struck.
Maddison's POV
I still need to talk to Jacob about yesterday, what Mark showed me, was it real? Or is it all just in my head. I don't care if Jacobs with his friends I walked up to him. "maddie where are you going?!" Says Octavia. "I need to talk to Jacob" I say. I went over to Jacob. "Heyyy bab-" "we need to talk" I say in a serious tone. Mark sent me the video last night. His friends looked at him as if he were about to get killed, damn right he is! He looked at me, "babe can we do this another Tim-" "right now!" I say. "I'll be back" says Jacob. I dragged him over to the woods. "What?" He asked, be didn't seem like his usual self. "Everything you told me yesterday, did you really mean it?" I asked. "Of course I did, I really love yo-" "or was it just a lie" I say. "What do you mean?" He asked. I pulled out my phone and showed him he video, his eyes didn't widen like they usually do when he sees something real. "That's fake" he says. "Look at the scenery" he says. The lake, "look at the clothes" he says. He was with wearing the exact same thing as yesterday. "Now listen here" he says, he played it back and I heard my voice. "Did you really think I'm like that?" He asked. "N-no" I say. "Good, its good to know my own girlfriend doesn't trust me" he says walking away. "I DID TRUST YOU, UNTIL I FOUND OUT YOU WERE CHEATING ON ME YESRERDAY!" I yelled. he stopped, he slowly turned around. "That was a mistake" he says. "Well this was a mistake too!" I say. He walked over to me and hugged me. "I'm sorry" he says softly. I could tell he meant that. "I really love you, I really do" he says. I felt that, he meant that. I hugged him back. "I'm gonna go, I'll see you at paint ball hide and seek" he says. "Bye" I say. He started to walk away, I sighed. Just that. He turned around, ran back to me and kissed me. "You don't think I'd forgot" he says. I smiled. Then he walked away. I started to walk around the woods and I saw Leilani and Mark. "You're really nice!" She laughed. "Thanks, you're really sweet" he smiled. They both blushed for a bit. Mark leaned in for the kiss and so did Leilani. I bit my lips, ITS HAPPENINGGGG AND OCTAVIAS NOT HERE TO SEE ITT!!! I pulled out my phone and recorded it and!!! "Attention campers! Meet at the paint ball field it's time for paintball hide and seek!" Yelled the loud rusty microphone. Way to ruin a moment! They walked away. I started to walk to the camp site. I ran over to Leilani. "Boo!" I say. She twitched. "I got scared!" She laughed. "YOU AND MARK?!" I asked all excited. She blushed. "He asked me out on a date, just to get to know he better" she says softly. She was blushing like crazy I squealed. "when?" I asked. "Tonight" she smiled. "Where!" I asked. "The lake" she smiled. "Octavia and I are gonna make you look pretty!" I say. She laughed. "How do you even play paintball hide and seek?" She asked. "it's easy, The seekers get a paint ball gun, you hide and if they shoot you with it, you stay where you were shot" I explained. We got the area, she was on my team, although Mark and Jacob weren't. Octavia, Leilani and I made a pact, we'd stick together and only separate it necessary. Looks like Mark, Jacob, and Joey Birlem did the same thing. We began to play, the guys were the seekers, Melanie and her fakes were following us, so we quickly separated and met at the biggest tree in camp. We climbed the tree. "I still can't believe-" "sh" I say. "What?" Asked Leilani. "Boys are coming" I whispered. We peeked down and saw Mark, Joey, and Jacob. "You're girlfriends really pretty" says Joey, I'm assuming he said that to Jacob since neither Mark or Joey are taken. "Yeah I know, back off" he says politely. "It was just a compliment" says Joey. "And she's my girlfriend which means she's mine only" he says. I blushed. "So Mark, what's up with Leilani?" Asked Jacob totally switching the topic. "She's a really nice girl, she's pretty too and sh-" "shhhh" says Joey. "Do you smell that?" Asked Joey.
They all smelled the air. "Perfume" they say. We pulled our heads up. "I'm not wearing any perfume!" Exclaimed all the girls, quietly though. "GOT YOU!!" Yelled the boys. "owww!!!" Yelled a familiar voice. "We get it we're out! Quit shooting us!" We looked down and it was Melanie and her faked. Octavia, Leilani, and I giggled. "Wait do you hear that?" Asked Mark. They slowly looked up. "Hello girls!" Says Joey. "Fuck!" Yelled Octavia and I. "come on!" Whisperd Leilani. She accidentally discovered a spot in the tree I've never seen before. We climbed in there and hid. The boys climbed up the tree. "Where did they go?" Asked Joey. "I don't know" says Mark. "They're not up here anymore" says Jacob. "I think they went down, come on" says Jacob. We waited for a while. "Cost clear!" I whispered. We climbed out and paint balls shot our way. We were all out. "Ah fuck!" Yelled all of us.
Octavia's POV
We climbed down and sat there, we can't move. "Stay there" laughed Mark. I hit his leg. "owww" he whined. I laughed. Jacob was kissing Maddison. "Let's go Jacob do that after the game" says Joey. Mark kissed Leilani's cheek, he left. Her cheeks were flushed. "LEILANI I THINK MARK REALLY LIKES YOUUU" squealed Maddison and I. She was blushing like crazy. "Leilani I think Mark Really likes you" mocked Melanie. "oh shut up Melanie not even one boy likes you or your fakes" says Maddison. They were quiet.
Authors note: I added a new character! Which I rarely do, I just thought it was time for a new character and someone decided to ask 😊 anyways, hope you enjoyed this chapter as always comment and vote 6+ votes for the next chapter, pleaseeeee give me ideas!! I'm having a writers block!!!! ~Brooke💖