Chapter 18// Joeys Dare For Money

Maddison's POV
We sat there in silence, I could tell Leilani was daydreaming about Mark, she had a flattered look on her face. I could tell mark felt the same way, I finally have him off my shoulders so I don't have to worry about him flirting with me constantly. Octavia finally broke the silence. "So Maddie what's up with you and Jacob?" She asked. "It's nothing much really, it's just the usual typical relationship" I say. "Oh" sighed Octavia. "for now" she whispered. I looked at her. "What do you mean "for now?" I asked. "You'll see later on" she says smiling. The game was over, He time ran out, and if a single guy didn't find a particular girl,  then the girls would've won. Tomorrow it's the girls seeking the boys. We put back our materials and as soon as Mark saw Leilani he ran up to her and covered her eyes. "Maddison?" She asked. "I'm right in front of you" I laughed. "Octavia?" She asked.  "Nope, I'm next to Maddison" she giggled. "Mark?" She asked smiling. "How'd you guess?" He asked smiling.  She smiled at him. "So don't forget about tonight" Smiled Mark. Leilani blushed and nodded. Mark walked away.
Leilani's POV
Mark is extremely kind, He's sweet, funny, and he really knows how to make me smile. Maddison and Octavia looked at me and smiled. "What" I asked smiling. "Seems like you and Mark can become a thing" says Octavia wiggling her eyebrows and Maddison doing jazz hands. I laughed. We walked to our cabin and they fixed me up for my date, They did my hair and makeup. I looked really swell, it was a soft look, loose curls and all natural make up, nothing that says I tried too hard. "You look amazingggg!!!" Squealed Octavia. "Yup!" Giggled Maddie. I thanked them and I heard a knock at our cabin, soon enough Mark was there waiting for me, he was wearing casual clothing but he looked great, I wore the same. I left the cabin and took off for my date.
Maddison's POV
"Octi we gotta find you a boyfriend" I say. "Eh, I'm fine" she says laying back with her phone. "I'm gonna go see Jacob" I sighed. "Okay later" she says. I went out of our cabin and went to Jacobs Cabin. I knocked and he answered. "How may I help you?" He asked in a goofy way. "Yeah I'm here to see my boyfriend" I giggled. "One second" he responded again. He closed the door and then opened it and came out. "Hey babe" he says hugging me. "Hey" I say. "What's up?" He asked. "Is bored" I say. "I can see" he smiled. "Wanna ditch camp?" He asked. "Ehh, sure why not" I say. He held my hand and we walked through the lake, where Leilani and Mark were having a date. Mark leaned in, so did Leilani and they kissed. Awwww. "Aww isn't that-" Jacob kissed me. "Well" I smiled. "Come on" he says. We climbed over the fence and started to walk down town. we arrived and it was colorful, camp is just so dull this actually makes me feel like I'm at home. Man do I miss Taylor and Cameron. I want a piggyback ride from Cameron now! Jacob and I explored around town. We finally got tired and we went back to camp. "I love you" he says as he hugged me. "I love you too" I say. I walked to my cabin and Leilani and Octavia were already asleep. It was like 1:00 am and we have to get up at 6:00 am, but at least I had a good time with my boyfriend
Jacobs POV
I woke up the next morning, I was extremely happy, I don't know why but I just was. I got dressed and I went outside to camp. Today's the girls turn to hunt us, Mark, Joey, and I agreed to stay together as a group again, although I'm not so sure about Maddie. I went to the mess hall for breakfast and saw Maddison sitting with her friends eating their breakfast, I probably shouldn't bother them. I grabbed what I was gonna eat and sat next to my friends. "Oooh you should do it I dare you!" Laughed Mark. "Ehhh what will I get out of it?" Asked Joey. "20 bucks?" Asked Mark. "Just for one week?" Asked Joey. Mark nodded as he took a bite out of his muffin. "Okay it's a deal" says Joey. "What's this all about?" I asked. "Joeys gonna ask out Octavia" laughed Mark. I laughed too but something didn't feel correct. "Wait as a dare?" I asked. "Duhhhh" says Mark. (Duhitzmark) I thought about it and it's not a good idea, Octavia and I have been close friends, not as close as you think, and she has a crush on Joey, she'll be heartbroken if he breaks up with her. Then it quickly came to my mind, it's brilliant but I don't know if it will work. "I have an even better challenge for you, but you're a wimp so I bet you can't handle it" I say taking a bite of my apple. "I'm not a wimp!" Says Joey. "Nahh you are. This is too difficult for you" I say. "Nothings to difficult! Tell me! I can do it!" He says. "Nahhh" I say. "Please!" He said. "Fine, I bet you 20 more dollars that you have to date Octavia for a MONTH! And if you fall in love, you loose" I say. "Ooooh I should've thought of that!" says Mark. "Deal!" Smirked Joey. I know Joeys gonna loose, then he's gonna end up with Octavia for a good while, meanwhile, Mark has been talking about asking out Leilani.
Octavia's POV
"Come on" says Maddison. We threw away our left overs and we walked ove to Jacobs table, although Leilani seemed extra shy because Mark was there. "Hey babe" says Jacob as he hugged Maddie. "Hi" she smiled cutely. "Joey do it" says Mark. Joey stood up and walked over to me. I could feel my cheeks turning red, I've had a crush on Joey for a while. "Octavia, I was wondering if you'd like to go out with me?" He asked. My cheeks were flushed. "Sure" I smiled. Joey was blushing. He hugged me and he went outside with Mark and Jacob. "Omgggg" squeaked Leilani and Maddison. "You have a boyfriend!!!" Squealed Maddie. I blushed hard core. "ATTENTION CAMPERS ITS NOW TIME FOR ROUND 2 OF YESTERDAYS GAME, MEET UP AT THE GAMING AREA" yelled the crusty old microphone. We begin to talk over to the arena and as soon as we got there we went to the girls side and they handed us paint guns and vests. The guys looked at me. Mark winked at Leilani, Joey smiled at Octavia and Jacob looked at me and mouthed "I love you" I smiled. "GO! 30 SECONDS ON THE CLOCK!" Yelled the councilor. The boys began to hide, but I have a feeling I know where 3 particular boys will hide.
Jacobs POV
It honestly hurts me how fake Joey is being to my girlfriends bestfriend, I don't like her believe me but Mark should know better then to dare and mess with a girl, he says it himself, girls aren't toys, they need someone to stay and not just go. We hid in a difficult area, I highly doubt they'll find us. "Mark when are you gonna ask out Leilani" asked Joey. "Either when she finds me or tomorrow" he winked. we chuckled. "You and Octavia?" I asked. He blushed a little, it's working, I can't risk Octavia getting hurt, mostly because I'll be the one who ends up being hurt the most......
Authors note: what did he mean? Who knows! Find out next chapter! Like usual please comment and vote 6+ votes for the next chapter, like always, and yeah! Sorry guys I was stuck inside my car during a blizzard today and I didn't have any reception to update, but I'm back! And I'll be updating daily again! ~Brooke💖