; 7 ;

-Mark's P.O.V-

I run into the boy's bathroom in hopes of Jack losing interest in finding me. I quickly find my way to the last stall and crumble to the ground. I do the only thing I can at the moment, cry. Knowing that Jack may never actually like me makes my heart shatter.

Just when I start to think Jack lost interest in finding me, I hear the person I dreamed of.

"Mark?" He called out with that Irish accent.

Jack.

I sniffled and quickly wiped away my tears. "Y-Yeah?" My voice was shaky. I heard him walking towards me. "What's wrong?" Jack turned the corner and looked at my red, tear-stained face. I quickly turn my back to him. "N-nothing's wrong, I'm fine." I lied. "No Mark, there's obviously something wrong. Tell me!" I shook my head and hugged my knees.

'He could never love you.'

'You're just a mere friend to him.'

'You'll never good enough to be his boyfriend.'

'He will never love you.'

'You'll just be alone, forever.'

The voices in my head were getting louder and louder. Then, they faded away, leaving me to cry once more.

"Mark!" Jack yelled snapping me out of my little fit. "W-What?" I said, almost a whisper. "Tell me. What's wrong." He said sternly. "... F-Fine..."

"I-I'm g-" I was cut off by the bell.

'Thank you, bell, for saving me.'

"Oh, looks like lunch is over. See ya later!" I said as I quickly walked out of the bathroom and to my locker. I grabbed everything I needed for the rest of the day and walked off before Jack could get to his locker.

(This time skip is brought to you by Tiny Box Tim)

-Still Mark's P.O.V-

The end of school... The beginning of total awkwardness. Jack's coming over to my house to play video games and I just know things are going to be awkward because of what happened at lunch.

I sighed and shut my locker, walking towards the front where Jack was. "Hiya, Mark!" Jack chirped, smiling brightly. I couldn't help but smile, too. "Hey, Jack! Ready to get your ass kicked?" I asked, walking out of the school. "Don't you mean ready to get YOUR ass kicked, by ME?"

I just laughed and pushed his shoulder. "I'm going to wipe the floor with your ass and you know it!" Jack just rolled his eyes playfully, "Over my dead body, Fischbach."

The whole way to my house we were cracking jokes, pushing each other around and talking about the most random and stupidest things ever. Man, he's so funny.

"We have now arrived at my secret headquarters! Shh... Don't tell anyone or else I'll have to kill you on the spot!" I said with a weird accent. (*cough cough* Wilford Warfstache *cough cough*)

Jack gasped. "Why would I?" I just shrugged and walked up the stairs. I busted through the door. "MOM, I'M HOME!" I yelled as I set my backpack down on the floor.

Mom entered the living room, smiling. "Ooh, who's this, Mark?" I smiled and gestured to Jack. "This is-" "Hello, I'm Sean, but people call me Jack! It's nice to meet you!" Jack cut me off.

"Yeah... What he said." I brushed it off.

"Well, it's very nice to meet you too, Jack!" I knew mom was going to embarrass me sometime soon. "Okay, well, Jack and I and Jack are going to go to my room to work on some biology homework now... See ya later, mom!"

She quickly grabbed my wrist before I could walk up the stairs. "Don't make him scream that loud. We don't want the neighbors to hear." She whispered to me.

"M-MOM!" I yelled, my face turned as red as a tomato.

I quickly grabbed Jack's wrist and pulled him upstairs. "S-Sorry 'bout that..." I said as I closed my door. "It's fine. It was actually quite funny!" I snickered and punched his shoulder lightly.

"So... Wanna play some video games or just talk for a bit?" I ask. "Talk for a bit, please!" "Alright! What do you want to do?" I tilt my head ever so slightly. "Hmmm... Truth or dare!" Jack smiled brightly, his eyes gleaming with excitement.

"Okay! Truth or Dare?" I ask, sitting down on the floor. "Dare! 'Cause I'm not a pussy!" I thought for a moment. "I dare you to... Lick the wall!" He sighed and got up, licking the wall.

Jack sat back down and smirked. "Truth or Dare?" I hesitantly answered, "Dare..." His smirk grew wider.

He was about to say what I never wanted anyone to ever say to me...

"I dare you to kiss your crush," I swear I could feel the earth spinning.