; 9 ;

Jack's P.O.V

We're.... Moving?

I could feel my whole world spinning out of control as thoughts whirled around in my head. It felt as if my world was crashing down on top of me. I couldn't leave Mark... We literally just started dating! Oh god, now I feel like a horrible boyfriend...

I quickly race to my ma after processing everything. "Ma, w-we can't move! I-I don't want to leave my friends!" She looked at me like I was crazy in response. "You... Made friends?" I just nodded. If only she knew I was lying. I've kind of wanted to leave Cincinnati for a long time, probably ever since the first week of school but, that was before I and Mark actually started to hang out and stuff.... Now I don't ever want to leave.

"Sean, we're moving, no matter what you do. I don't care that you have to leave your 'friends'. There's a job opening in Dublin that pays a shit-ton of money! How can we give up the opportunity?!" I just stared, eyes widened to the size of saucers. "Dublin?! Ma, we just moved from Athlone! I don't want to go back to Ireland, I hated it there!" I argued, feeling tears forming in my eyes, so I tried to push them back.

"Does it look I care? No! We're moving back to Ireland, and that's it. End of discussion." My face twisted up in anger, sadness, and guilt as I stormed back to my room. I entered my room and slammed the door so hard that I honestly thought I wouldn't break it off its hinges. I flopped onto the bed face-first and felt like breaking down. Instead, I just began to cry. I didn;t know what else to do. I felt so helpless.

I eventually fell asleep, dry tear marks on my cheek.

Time Skip!

I wake up to find some of my things already packed, guessing that ma already did some of it for me. I sigh and rub my eyes as I got up.

After brushing my teeth and hair and getting dressed for school, I went into the kitchen and got an apple before walking over to get my Vans on. I was currently humming "I Love You" by OMFG whilst getting ready.

I grabbed my backpack and put it on, sighing as I tried to search around for my phone.

"Where the fuck is it...?" I asked under my breath. And... I eventually found it under the couch cushion-- Well, one of them, at least.

"How the fuck did it get there?" I ask, shrugging to myself in response. "Eh, whatever--" I chuckle to myself as I shove the phone into my back pocket. "BYE MOM!" I yell as I exit the house, hearing my mother yell back, "BYE!"

Starting down the sidewalk, my mind began to wander to Mark and then to moving... And then both Mark and moving at once. Next thing I knew, I was... Crying? I didn't want to tell Mark about it but, I knew I had to. This was going to be the hardest thing I've ever had to do...

As I arrived on school grounds, I saw Mark. I guess he saw me because he began to make his way over to me, smiling.

"Hey, Jack! How my little-- Hey, what's wrong?" He asked as he stepped closer to me. Guess he saw that I was crying...

"O-Oh... H-Hey, Mark... What? Oh, I-I'm fine..." I forced a smile, quickly wiping away tears. He frowned, obviously knowing something was wrong. "Tell me, Jack." I sighed shakily, tears streaming down my face. "I-I'm moving.... B-Back to Ireland.... A-And I don't want to leave you...."

"W-Wait... Are you moving? To Ireland? W-Why?!" He asked eyes widened. "There's a job opening in D-Dublin... A-And m-ma wants it really bad... S-So she's making us leave..." I choke out, trying not to be loud enough for people to start staring.

Mark hugged me tightly, rubbing my back as he too began to cry. I hated this so much... I didn't want it to be like this... "Wh-When do you l-leave...?" Mark sniffled. "T-Tonight...." I answer. "I don't what you to leave..." "And I don't want to leave, either..." I managed out.

"P-Promise you'll call me or text me when you get there?" I nodded and leaned in, kissing him gently. Like if I put to much pressure and force into it, he'll just shatter. He kissed back, cupping one of my cheeks in his hands.

Then... The school bell rang...

We parted the kiss and wiped away our tears, making our way into the school, hand-in-hand.