;; Seven Years Later ;;

-- Seven Years Later --

-- (Jack is 24 right now in this) --

"Sean, babe! Could you help me move these couple of boxes? They're really heavy." I sighed softly and rolled my eyes, walking over to my boyfriend, picking up one of the heavier boxes and moving into our new house. I groaned once I sat it down, cracking my back. "Jesus man.. Moving is so much fookin' work!" I laugh, blushing softly as he walked over to me, planting a kiss on my forehead.

"I love you, Seany~" He spoke, making me giggle a bit.

"I love you too, Kyle." I smile, kissing his cheek softly. "I'm glad we decided to move in with each other. It's nice to finally move out of my Ma's house." Moving to the kitchen, I finish putting the dishes away in the cupboards. "I'm thinking about moving onto the recording setup next, if you'd like to help me with that." He smiled and me and nodded, jogging out and getting the big box filled with my monitor and my computer.

~~ Timeskip bc all of this is boring ~~

Once everything was all done and set up, I logged onto my computer and went straight to YouTube, smiling as I went through my home feed. Kyle had to leave in the middle of us unpacking everything, so I had to finish myself. But, you know, that was okay. It didn't really matter. (It did matter but I try not to show it.)

As I was scrolling through my YouTube feed, I spotted an I Am Bread video by a guy named 'Markiplier'. I rose an eyebrow and clicked onto the video, putting on my headphones.

"Hello everybody, my name is Markiplier! And wel-" Before the man could finish his sentence, I paused the video. It.. Was Mark.. I could recognize that video and that face anywhere. My heart started to pound, my head starting to spin. I got onto google and searched up, 'Markiplier'.

It came up with information about the man, "Mark Edward Fischbach..." I whispered, biting my lip. I quickly clicked onto his instagram, going onto my phone and went to follow him. I then quickly messaged him with shaky hands.

'Hey Mark.. It's jack, you're ex boyfriend in high school..' I sent, and saw that he immediately saw it. Then I saw him type. I felt like dying and running away and staying, all at the same time.

'oh, jack! hey! it's good to hear from you again! how have you been?'

I couldn't help but to smile, still sweating and my heart still pounding. I quickly typed back, 'eh, life is shitty, really. kyle my boyfriend is never really here so like... yeahhhh... how r u?'

Once again, he was typing back instantly. He was typing quite a lot, so i shot him a small little message saying, 'haha, you writing a novel or something?? :P' and sent it, getting back to the video of his i was watching.

Once I finally heard the ding and the vibration from my phone, I read what he replied back with, 'ah, i'm good. life? pretty shitty as well, honestly. my life has spiraled out control. friends are trying to make it easier. say uh, you want to maybe record a game with me? i still have yet to do my second video for today and, i saw that you youtube too and like yea'

I giggle at the obvious awkwardness between us, hesitantly replying with, 'yeah! that sounds nice! i just moved so i haven't got everything up and running to record yet but, i do things set up. send me ur skype and we can!! :DD'

As I log into Skype, I'm immediately presented with a friend request from 'not_markiplier69' i quickly accept it and close the door to the already padded recording room. Going back to my computer, I'm presented with an incoming call, making my heart stop.

'What am I supposed to say? What is he like now? What's going to happen? What will he think of me? We literally haven't talked for 7 years...' I accept the call, seeing Mark's face pop up on the screen, making me shake. "U-Uh... Hold on, lemme get my camera turned on and propped up correctly.

"Alright! I'm waiting." He spoke, making me grin. "You have The Forest on your steam, right?" He asked as typing and clicking could be heard on his end.

"Yeah, I do!" I smile, turning my camera on and brushing my green hair out of my eyes, fixing my headphones. "Ooooh, Mark sure has changed!~" I joke, laughing to myself.

"And Jack sure has changed too!" He smiled, laughing too. "Facial hair, non twelve-year-old boy voice, everything." As the call went on, we just talked about life while we got the game setup. Once it started, all the jokes and the laughs just started to pour in. It felt like the times we would spend hours at Mark's house, playing video games nonstop.

Once we thought it was a good stopping point, two or three hours in, we stopped and did out outro's, laughing afterward. "God, that's the best collab I've had with someone in so long!" I grinned and nodded back at him statement, opening up Skype once more, only to be met with Mark's handsome face. I sat back in my chair, fixing my hair once more.

"So, what's been happening in your life in these past what... 6... 7 years?" The red-haired male on the other side of the screen asked, making me go into thought, for a long while.

"Well... I graduated college with film making as my major. I uh.. Moved out of my Ma's place, found Kyle while on campus and we hit it off. Been dating him for two years now. Just recently got back into drumming and I started YouTube." I spoke, looking at anything but Mark. "You?"

"Well uh, it's a long ass story."

"I can be here all night, Mark. I think I can handle a long story." I laugh, scratching at my stubble beard.

"So, I dropped out of Engineering school, I got into some 'serious' relationships that all ended up the same way: cheated on. I started YouTube and just recently guitar and singing lessons. Met the friends I'm living with now, Ryan and Matt. You remember Felix, Bob and Wade? Yeah, they're still my friends. It's been so hard to live, really. But, I'm happy with my life."

We just talked about anything and everything until Kyle came home. "Hey, I'll talk to you tomorrow. Kyle just got here and we're going out to eat and see a movie." I smile, closing out of things.

"Alright! Be safe, don't die." He said, making me laugh.

"I won't, I promise. Bye, Mark!" I wave and smile, hanging up as soon as he said bye.

Life just get a million times better.