; 17 ;

Jack's P.O.V

Soon enough I was let out of the hospital, Mark helped out with the whole thing. But.. Mark had to leave Ireland. I hated it. It's gonna be miserable without him here.

Me and Mark were sitting in the back of my mother's car, holding hands. We were thinking the exact same thing, 'I don't want this to end...' But, we both knew it had to happen. I was already on the verge of tears as we saw the airport come into view. "M-Ma..? C-Can't Mark and his mom stay for a little longer? Pl-Please?" I asked, hoping that she'd give in and say yes.

"No, Sean. I'm sorry but, we aren't even finished unpacking everything yet." She said, venom laced deep into her voice. I nodded and sighed softly, looking down at my intertwined hand, a tiny smile crawling onto my lips as Mark rubbed his thumb against the back of my hand. Once the car was parked, me and Mark got out, immediately holding hands, staying close together.

We walked to the gate and just stood there, looking at each other with glossy, tear-filled eyes. "F-First it was me, and now it's you, h-huh?" I speak, laughing sadly as tears spilled from my eyes. He pulled me closer, one arm wrapped around my waist and his other hand reaching up and wiping my tears away. I then pulled him into a tight hug, crying a bit into his shoulder. "I-I-I love you so much..." I whisper, sniffling.

Mark rubbed my back, holding me close. "Sh-Shhh... I-I love you too, Sean. So much." He quietly spoke, voice shaky. He was obviously crying too. He then pulled away from the hug and brought me into a sweet kiss, smiling a bit into it. I wanted to stay like this forever but... It had to end at some point. "H-Hey, w-we'll talk on Skype as much as possible, I promise. Plus, we'll see each other in college, right? W-We applied for the same ones." He smiled, laughing a bit. "I promise you, everything will be okay."

And after that, his mother pulled him away, making a sob rip from my throat, trying to run after him. "I-I love you!" He called out, then disappeared.

All the way to the car and on the way home, I was shaking and crying, wishing and hoping Mark was still here. I was in deep shit, I knew that. Ma looked so pissed is really scary.