OM 11

On the authority of Abu Muhammad al-Hasan bin Ali bin Abi Taib, the grandson of the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu ëalayhi wasallam, and who is dearest to him, radiyallahu ëanhuma, who said: ìI committed to memory from the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu ëalayhi wasallam, (the following words): "Leave that about which you are in doubt for that about which you are not in doubt."

[Al-Tirmidhi and al-Nasaíi related it, and al-Tirmidhi said: It is a good and genuine Hadith]

•••

Numb

Without the power of sensation and motion or feeling insensible. Not able to react, surprised, shocked.

It was a feeling she had started getting acquainted with, from the moment the averse news was disclosed.

It has been hours? A day? She didn't know, she had closed herself from the world as she went through the three stages of emotion.

Shock

A sudden or violent mental or emotional disturbance

She couldn't believe they've set her marriage, at least not this soon. A month from now, she couldn't figure out the reason behind it been this early. Hafsat's own was for eight months, Abdulrahman a year, why does hers have to be a month, what's the rush?

And with Fahad, she kept trying to convince herself that nothing other than a platonic relationship was going to happen between them but now, she's forced to come to terms with this arrangement, that he'll be her husband. He'll be the one to complete half her deen, the key to her Jannah. It was. . . overwhelming.

When she first got a hint of what Hajiya Iya wanted to do years ago that was when her relationship with Fahad became nill and void but up until then their relationship was quite alright. She had then decided to start avoiding him, she thought by doing that it'll stop it from happening and when she later realized nothing could change Hajiya Iya's mind, she couldn't stop avoiding him because then it was awkward when ever they met, both of them knowing what Hajiya Iya's plan was.

Fit

A sudden outburst of emotions.

She threw a fit, she was determined to go to all the elders, especially Hajiya Iya to make them change their minds or atleast to change the date. But ultimately, she knew she couldn't. She dared to do that. A tradition uphold would never be changed or altered just for her. Impossible.

And now she's numb.

She had completely closed off to the world, she had locked herself in the room when mama went out.

Her phone started ringing, she looked at it until the call ended 6 missed calls from Hafsat, she hadn't bothered calling back.

She couldn't help but feel bitter about it, she was here wallowing in self-pity about her marriage fixed with someone she disliked. Even though Hafsat's own was arranged, at least she's happy, and now she's somewhere across the globe having the time of her life on her honeymoon with the love of her life.

She got up and entered the bathroom, the bathroom setting reflecting her emotion, dark and empty. She looked at the mirror, she looked horrible. On a normal day she would've never let herself look this bad, as she's normally a beauty freak.