OM 38

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (ra) who said:

The Messenger of Allah (saw) said, "Verily Allah ta'ala has said: 'Whosoever shows enmity to a wali (friend) of Mine, then I have declared war against him. And My servant does not draw near to Me with anything more loved to Me than the religious duties I have obligated upon him. And My servant continues to draw near to me with nafil (supererogatory) deeds until I Love him. When I Love him, I am his hearing with which he hears, and his sight with which he sees, and his hand with which he strikes, and his foot with which he walks. Were he to ask [something] of Me, I would surely give it to him; and were he to seek refuge with Me, I would surely grant him refuge.' "

[Bukhari]

•••

"Do you have to go?" He whined with a sad expression on his face. They were in the car right outside their apartment and Hafsat had already gone up minutes ago. They were both reluctant to leave each other so they sat in the car making small talks.

"Man's going to miss me ba?" She teased him.

"Allah you have no idea, how'd you think I spent the last few weeks? I was barely holding on" he groaned banging his head on the steering wheel which made her giggle.

"How about this? You quickly leave the car before I get more reasons to hold you back and then we'll meet up tomorrow InShaAllah"

"Okay sounds like a plan" she agreed, slightly pecking him on the cheek before she left the car.

"What's up?" she asked, answering her phone while trying to also juggle with putting her books into her bag and holding her styrofoam cup. She was just coming out from the library after hours of intensive studying. Their finals was by the corner and for the past weeks she had spent most of her time in the library studying for it.

"Where are you?" Fahad asked. He and Abba had gone back to Nigeria weeks ago and she hadn't met him after that due to their busy schedules, apart from the frequent FaceTime calls that had been the only thing keeping them both sane.

"I just got out of the library" she said walking briskly by the sidewalk rushing to the school gate, eager to get home already.

"Ok well come to the parking lot" he said and she scrunched her face looking around.

"Why? Wait.. don't tell me you're here?" She asked excitedly, rushing her steps to the parking lot.

"Well come and see for yourself" he said and she could just picture the smirk that was sure to be on his face.

"Just tell me already!" She exclaimed looking around the parking lot and just by the corner of where she stood, was Fahad, dressed in one of his signature looks, a crisp black kaftan and a zanna bukar cap. He was leaning back on his sleek black car and he immediately shot her a full blown smile, pushing back his sunglasses down a little bit just to shoot her a toe curling wink. An unexpected shriek left her throat and she found herself running towards him, she didn't even give him a moment as she launched herself at him and he was prepared as he equally hugged her back with the same fervor. He lifted her up, swirling her a little bit.

"What are you eating? See how heavy you've gotten" he teased her putting her down and she slapped him on his arm.

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming?" She asked, though her voice came out muffled because her face was buried in his chest.