OM 34

On the authority of Abu Sa'id al-Khudri, radiyallahu 'anhu, who said:

I heard the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, say:
"When any one of you sees anything that is disapproved (of by Allah), let him change it with his hand. If he is not able to do so, then let him change it with his tongue. And if he is not able to do so, then let him change it with his heart, though that is the weakest (kind of) faith."

[muslim]

•••

"Hey" Aysha and Hafsat said simultaneously as they hugged each other, right in the middle of Kidlington airport. She closed her eyes holding Hafsat so close, inhaling her familiar scent. She was there to collect her from the airport.

Aisha went back to school just a day after Hafsat did, and a day after the charity gala. She volunteered to come pick Aysha from the airport to their apartment which was an hour ride.

"So how was the fight? I didn't think you were coming back after you told me Fahad wasn't agreeing for you to come back" she said as they drove in their 2017 BMW.

"Well for some reason he changed his mind" she shrugged, checking her phone for any missed call, but there were none. She didn't bother telling her about his closed off attitude earlier before she left, some things should better be left unsaid and between couples only.

[FlashBack]

She was sitting outside on the patio swing, in her night attire with a shawl and a cup of hot chocolate to keep her warm while she was lost in her thoughts. The event had ended late at night an hour ago but she was still not sleepy so she sat outside, together with the fact that she was still angry with Fahad so she didn't want to face him. He was also ignoring her since they came back from the event.

"You really want to go?" She heard a voice from behind her and she looked back to see Fahad staring ahead even though the question was aimed at her.

She bit back the sarcastic remark she wanted to say maybe she could try to convince him to let her go, "yes" she simply answered.

"And there's nothing that could possibly change your mind?" It was a rhetorical question because even he knew nothing could change her mind since she was hell-bent on going.

"Ok then, do what you want" he told before turning back into the house. He left her standing outside not knowing if she should be happy he's letting her go or be worried on how he was acting. Leaving all that aside she went inside to pack some of her clothes, even though she had lots of those there at their apartment in London.

She slept late because of the packing which in turn made her wake up late and she was filled with different kind of emotions when she realized he had already left for work without saying goodbye.

She had tried his phone countless times  on her way to the airport with no answer and so she left him a single text while she boarded.

'Good bye. I'm sorry'  she contemplated adding the last line but then she did either ways, even though she wasn't really sure what she was apologizing for.

[End Of Flashback]

"Please quit checking your phone every damn minute, it's annoying" Hafsat sat next to her with a tub of ice cream. Aysha snatched the ice cream from her and started aggressively eating it with the spoon.

"Okayyy. . . So what got your panties in a twist?" Hafsat asked looking at her weirdly.

"Stupid somebody" she muttered still assaulting the tub of ice cream, "leaving someone on delivered, like who the hell does he think he is? The message got delivered 10 hours ago and he didn't even open it talk less of answering back" she ranted while still at the ice cream.

"Fahad?" Hafsat asked with humor in her eyes while trying to carefully ease the tub from her hand, before she broke it.

"A mana, who else?" She rolled her eyes, checking her phone again. Hafsat started laughing while holding onto her stomach.

"Haba mana, cut the guy some slack. What if he's busy or something? Just wait he'll reply when he sees the message" Hafsat told her.

Just then her phone rang and she heaved a breath before showing her the screen.

"Kingani! Dan halal yaki ambato. You see! Talk about the devil and the devil appears" [AN; Not direct translation tho 😂] she told her before making her way back to the kitchen.

"Hello" she answered.

"Hey, how was the trip?" He asked her though his voice was closed off.

"It was Alhamdulillah. But we weren't even able to say goodbye" she said.

"Yeah.." he paused and she kept quite too wanting to at least hear the reason why "listen there's this ummm.. work I'm doing so we'll talk later.. bye" and just like that he hung up, no explanation, no nothing. She stared at the phone screen eyes wide open while she kept opening and closing her mouth like an idiot. He hung up on her. Her.

"So you're already done with the call?" Hafsat said coming back with a bowl of noodles, she was wiggling her eyebrows teasingly. Maybe she mistook her expression for a lovestruck one, she mentally rolled her eyes not having time for her die-hard romantic fan of a sister.

"So how's umar?" She turned the discussion back to Hafsat tired of being in the spotlight.

"He's fine fa, in fact very fine. He's just so sweet. Although we've had our up and downs you know but he's actually like all I've ever wanted. He's ju..." she kept on blabbing not knowing Aysha's mind was completely out of what she was saying and was thinking of why the hell he would hang up on her.

They FaceTime'd with the twins and their parents before they all went to sleep, but not before she sent Fahad a goodnight message. She might've been angry with him and her ego might've tried to stop her from sending the message but she knew Fahad and she knew of his temper and if he was really angry at her like how it seems from his attitude towards her then she knew if she didn't try to make an effort to straighten out things then her marriage might as well be just a sinking ship. He might've been a cool-headed person but when he gets angry he really gets angry.

•••

Heloooooo! It's me
I was wondering if after all this weeks you'd like this update 🎵

😂😂😂
Hey guys! 😀

Those that said I should update before they leave for school Aydahhh_ yasmeenayeesha here's an update guys 😉☺️

I know this chapter isn't all that and I know you guys are sensing that this book is coming to an end, just few chapters more and then it will be overrr. But well until then guys keep supporting me like you normally do and please keep the comments coming that's the most important thing guys. MOST.IMPORTANT.THING! I swear!

So I think that's all for now, my sleepy brain can't think of anything else to say rn so bye!

You know the drill
VCS!

With love,
AmatullahAG ❤️