OM 10

On the authority of Abu Hurairah, radiyallahu 'anhu, who said : The Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, said: "Part of the perfection of someone's Islam is his leaving alone that which does not concern him."

[Hadith hasan - Recorded by Tirmidhi]

•••
"Where are you?" Mama's voice said through the phone.

"I'm on my way home" she answered, she knew a scolding was probably coming her way because mama didn't like them staying out late.

"Really, so fast? Why don't you go to aunty Hairan's house, she was telling me about the new shipment of Swiss laces that arrived for sale, go and choose some for us" she said.

"Okay" she stared at the phone in her hand in confusion, her face scrunched up.

"Change of plans, we are going to Gwarimpa" she says to the driver eyeing the Wuse2 traffic they were currently in, with distaste.

The traffic moved so slow for about twenty minutes before he took a turn leading to Gwarimpa. She stared at her phone as the reflection of the street lights shone on it.

They parked the car in the driveway, she let out a sigh before emerging from the car. She wearily knocked on door hoping Faizah wasn't around. She once used to be her friend, but when they grew up they fell apart, partly because they just weren't compatible like before. Faizah was now spontaneous, reckless, bold and adventurous girl, everything she isn't.

A boy opened the door "Hey babe" he said with a cocky smirk welcoming her in.

Bewildered she turned to him, her mouth wide open. He seemed to be only in his late teenage years. Couldn't he see she was older than him she thought.

"Cut it out Sani, that's not funny" Faizah came into view giving the said Sani a disapproving glance.

"Sorry about that, come in" she turns to her with a smile. Aysha followed her as she led her to the sitting where aunty Hairan was watching a soap opera.

"Good evening" she greeted with a smile.

"How are you, dear? Your mom just called to tell me you were coming" she said with a bright smile, gesturing for her to seat.

"Faizah go and bring the laces for her" she turned to Faizah. Faizah stood up and later cane back with a three big trolley bags filled to the brim. She emptied them on the center carpet. They brought drinks and snacks for her even after she insisted she wasn't hungry and she sat on the floor near the trolleys, picking the laces for them. They packed it for her when she was done.

She bade aunty Hairan goodbye, Faizah wasn't around she overheard her on the phone telling someone she was going to a drag race, something she wouldn't. Their gateman helped her to carry all the packages and kept them in the boot of her car. She thanked him and entered the car. The driver drove off. The gate to their mansion opened with a creak, notifying the occupants of her arrival.

She got out of the car and entered the house which was left open. She passed by the sitting room where she heard voices, she contemplated on going away silently, but then she thought better of that. She slided the door to the parlour and entered. She was met with her father, baba Ibrahim, Hajiya Iya and mama. She squatted down to greet them.