OM 36

It was related on the authority of Abu Hurairah, radiyallahu 'anhu, that the Prophet, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, said:

"Whosoever relieves from a believer some grief pertaining to this world, Allah will relieve from him some grief pertaining to the Hereafter. Whosoever alleviates the difficulties of a needy person who cannot pay his debt, Allah will alleviate his difficulties in both this world and the Hereafter. Whosoever conceals the faults of a Muslim, Allah will conceal his faults in this world and the Hereafter. Allah will aid a servant (of His) so long as the servant aids his brother. Whosoever follows a path to seek knowledge therein, Allah will make easy for him a path to Paradise. No people gather together in one of the houses of Allah, reciting the Book of Allah and studying it among themselves, except that tranquility descends upon them, mercy covers them, the angels surround them, and Allah makes mention of them amongst those who are in His presence. Whosoever is slowed down by his deeds will not be hastened forward by his lineage."

[muslim]

•••

She was close to drawing her hair out of her scalp if the phone was unavailable again. She had been trying his phone for the past 30 minutes and every single time the annoying computerized voice was what picked up to tell her it was unavailable. She screamed frustratedly and threw her iPhone across the room in fury. Her being a coolheaded person was completely thrown out of the window whenever Fahad was concerned.

Her breathing was ragged as she sat on the floor cross legged trying to even it out. She willed herself not to cry for she had already done enough of that and she wasn't known to act like such a damsel in distress.

"You alright in there?" Hafsat's voice came from behind the door having possibly heard the sound of the phone crashing to the wall.

"Yes " she croaked out her voice scratchy from all that shouting she had previously done. You know that moment when you feeling like everything is falling apart barely being hung on by a string, so you just have to shout it out? And just like any teenager who was going through heartbreak she had slammed her self face down and screamed into the feathered pillows, screaming all her frustrations away and all though she had felt a little better afterwards her scratchy throat will beg to differ.

"Dinner is ready" she felt a knock on her bedroom door and she groggily opened her eyes confused on how she had fallen asleep at the first place. She slowly stood up and freshened up before going to the living room where Hafsat was already sitting.

"Takeout? I thought you cooked sef" she drawled sitting down next to her on the sofa. Hafsat was busy eating her takeout of biryani which she had ordered for them from a nearby Indian restaurant.

She grabbed her own from the coffee table and gobbled it down barely watching the movie Hafsat's' attention was entirely on.

She was by the railing in the balcony sipping on her favorite orange juice as she overlooked the view from their 8th floor apartment when an idea crossed her mind. She quickly turned around and headed inside deciding to put her thought to action.

She crossed her legs with a sigh looking around the plush interior of the VIP waiting room at the airport. She had finally made up her mind to go back to Nigeria, even if it was for some days. There were issues that had to be resolved and delaying them or running away from them won't work out.

The blaring sound of her phone filled up the room, the iPhone was looking brand new and no sign of it being thrown across the room, thank god for screen protectors.

'Abba' was displayed boldly on the screen and she hesitated for a minute before answering the call.

"Ina wuni abba, good evening" she said slightly bending down even though he couldn't see her. Greeting elders like that was  already ingrained in her from her early years.

"Where are you?" He asked, and she froze for a moment unable to come up with even a single sentence.

"I just arrived today and I'd love to see my children, so I hope you're not busy" he added.

"No we're not, I'll talk to Hafsat and we'll come and see you in a bit" she said, she hadn't actually told anyone she was going to Nigeria and most especially not Fahad and she knew her dad was going to be really angry if he knew. With a sigh, she brought out her phone and called Hafsat telling her about the impromptu visit and telling her to come and pick her up so they could go there.

They arrived at the familiar hotel, their family always lodged there whenever they were around. Knowing he was in the penthouse they didn't even go to the reception area instead they made a beeline to the elevator which took them to the last floor.

They entered the familiar penthouse and found Abba just coming down the small step of stairs which led to the rooms.

"Abba ina wuni" they both greeted him with a hug as he led them to the large plush sitting room. The best of the it was that it had a wall to wall glass window that overlooked the city and watching the city as it moved around was just interesting.

"Lafiya kalau. How are you guys?" He asked looking at the two of them fondly.

They chatted with him and time passed until they felt a knock on the door. They felt the door open and they could hear footsteps before a figure rounded over to the sitting room.

"Abba, yaran ka fa sun bata. I went to their apartment but they were not around" she heard a voice and her body stilled. A voice she could recognize even in her deepest sleep. She could see him from the side of her eyes but she refused to turn. She couldn't believe he was there, at that time, just when she had almost flew over just to go see him, but now that he was here she could barely face him.

She could barely hear them converse as she had more or less slipped into another work of her own. Her mind was running around in a whirlwind.

"Aisha!" She heard fingers clicked in front of her and she nearly jumped.

"Na'am? Yes?" she turned back to Hafsat, looking at her.

"We were talking about ordering from the new restaurant that opened last week some blocks away" she filled her in.

"Oh yeah, I heard they had good food" she said her mind barely there.

"Oh well.. let's order but then I doubt they do home delivery so someone has to go and collect it" Hafsat said.

"We'll go and collect" Fahad said looking at her silently asking for her consent, she figured they needed to talk so she nodded her head too.

•••

Heyyyyloooooo! 😁
Ya de? Ya garin? Ya gararin garin? 😎😂

In the spirit of this holiday and this wedding season I hope y'all are enjoying? I know I am, after all I loveee weddings 💃🏾💃🏾 I mean who will pass up an opportunity to slay, eat food and dance all night? 😂😂 not me!

Sha, sha I'm actually pretty sleepy and sanyin kano is so not helping 😣😣 so I would write another chapter and give you guys double update but that will mean you have to wait for another day but I figured you'll not want to wait for another day thus this single chapter but InShaAllah I'll try to write another chapter and update tomorrow or within this week.
But you guys should spam me with comments at least that will ginger me to write fast 😁
Until then RVCS

With love, AmatullahAG ❤️