OM 12

On the authority of Abu Hurairah, radiyallahu 'anhu, who said : The Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, said: "Part of the perfection of someone's Islam is his leaving alone that which does not concern him."

[Hadith hasan - Recorded by Tirmidhi]

•••
Aysha looked up from her laptop to gently sip on her hot chocolate.

It had been two days since the revelation - if it could be called that - and its safe to say she had pretty much accepted the fact, that she's getting married to Fahad in a month's time. Now she's not over the moon about it but definitely not brooding.

Mama had asked her if she wanted a meet-up to be arranged for her and Fahad, but she had politely rejected it, she didn't need to. Yes, they were getting married but its not necessary for them to have an actual relationship.

She kept the cup back before going back to the suduko game she was playing on her MacBook. She had left the house with the excuse of wanting to finish her sketch in the nearby café, but instead had herself driven all the way to the other side of Abuja. She found solace from the happiness of the children, hence she chose a café overlooking a park.

The children were playing, running around and giggling with no care of the world. Young and carefree, she has once been like that, if only she could have that feeling again. She felt like the weight of the entire world lies on her delicate shoulders, but then Allah never burden a person with more weight than he could bear.

The door opened bringing with it a gust of cold. A girl entered her head held high as if she was better than everyone there, she was flaunting her iPhone and chewing a gum that made her look like a whore. Aysha could hear her voice as she arrogantly spoke to the barista, faking a British accent.

She strutted to the booth in front of hers. Aysha continued playing suduko as she frequently sipped on her hot chocolate.

She got bored of playing the game so she called Hafsat on FaceTime. The call was answered just before it ended. At first it was dark, but then Hafsat face appeared on the screen. She was sitting on a bed, her hair almost escaping from the restraint of her scrunchie, she looked to be woken up from sleep.

A bright smile came over Aysha's face, one she hasn't done in a while. "Did I woke you up?" She asked seeing how sour her expression was.

"Yes but never mind" she smiled "to what do I owe this call?" She asked.

"I miss you" Aysha pouted.

"Me too. Listen I heard what happened, are you okay?" She asked, her expression showing her concern.

She looked down with a somber expression. "I'll be" she didn't want to lie to Hafsat, because she knew she could easily read her.

"Whatever happen it'll happen for the best. Don't forget it's all part of qadr. And you'll always have me, heck not just me but all your siblings. We'll always have your back, through thick and thin till death do us part" She smiled, putting her elbow on the table and palming her cheeks.

"You sound like you're reciting wedding vows" she giggled.

She rolled her eyes before continuing "The Aysha I know isn't one to sit and mope around, she faces her problem head on. No matter what just put your trust in Allah and he'll surely help you through everything" the words made her feel better.

"Listen, I have to go my habibi is calling me. Go and show Hajiya Iya that you're stronger than you let on" she pumped her fist in the air. That made her giggled before the call ended, the screen going blank.

Aysha turned to look at her surrounding, the girl in the booth in front of her now had another girl with her, she too looked just like her with the same personality, after all birds of the same feathers flock together.

"I need to go fix my macbook, it has broken down yet again" the first girl rolled her eyes.

"Why don't you tell one of your boyfriends to buy a new one for you, it has been giving you problem for a long time" The second girl shrugged.

"The other one got married and the useless man didn't even have the guts to come tell me but then I found out he was friends with my other boyfriend and so he told me, thank God he didn't realize I was cheating on him because oh lord I couldn't lose two guys at the same time. Then after his marriage he started texting me and I clearly told him to leave me the fvck alone because I don't do married men, I'm not a home wrecker " the girl hissed. While Aysha was sitting mouth agape, the guy had no shame, how could he possibly do this to his wife? Just because they have the rights to marry four wives doesn't mean they should misuse it.  Or maybe they weren't happy, or maybe it was an arranged marriage? And it got her thinking what if her married life turns out like that one, She couldn't guarantee making him happy, there were some things he'll demand from her and she won't be able to give him, so what if he goes out looking for it somewhere else? She knows she didn't love him, but she sure as hell won't want him to have someone on the side when they were bonded by a holy matrimony.

Her phone rang breaking her out of her harrowing thoughts. 'Abdulrahman' it flashed on the screen.

"Hello" she answered.

"Hello, the driver just came back and he told me he dropped you in a restaurant across town"

"Yes, what happened?"

"I'm coming to pick you up" with that the call ended leaving her confused.

40 minutes later he called again notifying her of his arrival. She carried her laptop and went out of the café discarding her empty cup in the way.

Abdul Rahman black Audi stood out from the rest of the cars there. Abdul Raheem was in the passenger's seat, typical of the twins always being together, you can never see one without the other.

She entered the back seat burying herself into the soft leather seats. "Hey" she greeted and they all murmured their answer.

"So where are we going?" She asked as they got on the road.
"Surprise" Abdul Rahman answered.

•••
Salam,
Just a filler.
Comment,
Vote,
Share,
Follow.

Allah Hafiz,
AmatullahAG ❤️

REWRITTEN