OM 28

It was narrated on the authority of Abu Najih al-Irbad bin Sariyah, radiyallahu 'anhu, who said:

The Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, delivered an admonition that made our hearts fearful and our eyes tearful. We said, "O Messenger of Allah, it is as if this were a farewell sermon, so advise us." He said, "I enjoin you to have Taqwa of Allah and that you listen and obey, even if a slave is made a ruler over you. He among you who lives long enough will see many differences. So for you is to observe my Sunnah and the Sunnah of the rightly-principled and rightly-guided successors, holding on to them with your molar teeth. Beware of newly-introduced matters, for every innovation (bid'ah) is an error."

[Abu Dawud & Al-Tirmidhi, who says it is an authentic hadith]

•••

"Ding dong" the bell sounded for the umpteenth time. At first he thought he was dreaming of it, till it started disturbing him.

He groaned sitting down on the bed, squinting his eyes he turned to look at the figure beside him. She looked so peaceful and cute sleeping that he didn't have the heart to wake her up so he silently went to open the door himself.

He walked across the house down the staircase to the door. He didn't bother checking the bell camera before opening the door slightly to see the person on the other side.

Hadiza stood outside with two maids flanking her, both carrying trays of food.

"What?" He asked his voice gruff from sleep a sour look plastered on his face from being rudely woken up.

"If you can't notice we brought you food. The least you could do is nicely move away so we could keep it down" she rolled her eyes while making hand gestures as she talked.

He forgot that they were even supposed to bring them food. It was a tradition that for a few days or weeks even, after marriage the groom's side are to bring food because the wife's not supposed to cook. All this traditions, he mentally rolled his eyes. Anyway it was going to save Aysha from a lot of stress of cooking, so for that he was grateful. He knew she was stressed from all this wedding events and preparations, because even though he was tired he knew she would be more tired than him because, well let's face it, the bride goes through a whole lot more mental stress than the guy.

He followed them to the kitchen where he saw them keeping all the trays on the kitchen island.

"Thanks" he said smiling at her.

"Welcome" she said faking a snobbish attitude "anyway where is my sister in-law? I came for her not for you" she said looking around.

"I'm hurt sister, anyway she's still asleep" he said as he made his way out of the kitchen, Hadiza following him out.

"That girl can sleep for Africa, ehn? Let me go wake her up" she said trying to go upstairs before Fahad stood in front of her blocking her way.

"Which part of she's asleep, did you not hear? It means you can't wake her up, let the poor girl sleep na, she's tired" he told her.

She blinked furiously looking at him blankly, her mouth agape. "Chai!" She clapped her hands together like the typical Nigerian she was "So you mean to tell me, that you, you love your wife and I should not disturb her while she sleeps ba. Ko kunya, without an ounce of shyness. Sannu mai mata, us that aren't married let's cry ba?" she said acting all so dramatic.

He looked at her trying to see if she was serious, the thing with Hadiza is you could never tell when she was being serious, at the end he chose to just let her be.