Chapter 1

Chapter 1

West Haven, Connecticut  

Present Day  

 The thought of facing all those faces today made me feel sick, tired and slightly depressed. My alarm was shouting at me, surely it wasn't time to get up yet. I groaned, pulling the duvet over my head and threw my arms and legs around me in frustration. I hated my job so much... yet, I did it for my dad. 

This was my life, work, work and more work. I was nineteen years old and I'd graduated from high school almost a year ago. I got good grades and was accepted by many colleges, but I just couldn't do it... I couldn't move from the one place where I felt close to my dad... his armchair in the living room, the place where he had practically spent his whole life... the garage door which I dinted the first time him he took me out driving... and his restaurant, he'd given so many years to it... it was his pride and joy. I didn't want to lose all I had left of him.  

I used to be so strong and very self-confident. I wasn't afraid to say what I was thinking. I could have dealt with anything life threw at me. My Parents chose my name well, Brenna, a raven beauty... with my long dark curls, my extremely pale skin, and deep blue eyes, that's exactly what I was. I used to be that outgoing and spontaneous girl that everyone loved and everyone wanted to be. I had many friends and popularity; however, when my dad died I became scared of life... I lost a part of myself.  

I felt someone sit on the edge of my bed beside me; I instantly knew who it was I could smell his aftershave, mint, cigarette smoke and fresh air. This was a smell I knew well and loved. 

"What are you doing, Brenna?" my boyfriend laughed. He pulled the cover off me, his face held his signature cheeky grin which always went slightly higher on the left. He was leaning over me so close his nose almost touched mine. 

My boyfriend Elijah was the one person I looked forward to seeing. He annoyed me at times and he often did things I didn't approved of but with his black messy hair and dark eyes, his tattoos, his defined cheekbones, his sexy smile and a perfect body to match, he was hard to resist. He was a bad boy with a good heart and sometimes I couldn't believe he was all mine.  

"Getting my anger out by beating my mattress senseless," I giggled and I threaded my arms around his neck and kissed him lightly. "But I think I'm okay now." 

"Good, glad I could help," he smirked. 

"Hey, don't take credit, my little fit made me feel better?" I laughed.  

"Hello, woman, you're practically strangling me you're holding on to my neck so tight, you must be pleased to see me," he said his lips brushing mine.  

"Okay, so maybe, you did help a little," I said pulling him completely down onto the bed. "I've missed you," I whispered before crushing his lips to my own.  

He eagerly kissed me back. He rolled over me pulling me on top of him. 

Our lips moved against one another excitedly, he licked my bottom lip asking for entrance and I instantly granted it. His tongue explored my mouth as his hands held my lower back holding me to him.  

We broke apart so he could take his shirt off. The second he pulled it over his head his lips found mine again. I kissed across his muscled bare chest, down his stomach stopping just shy of his crotch.  

He groaned in response and manoeuvred beneath me so my legs were wrapped tighter around his hips and I was now straddling him. I loved the warmth of his body against mine and the feel of him beneath me. My hands explored his body and his mine, our lips never parting once.