Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Connecticut 

Fifteen Months Ago

Once dressed and all my things packed I walked calmly to Eli's car. I think I was beginning to feel excited about our little weekend away together. 

He was leaning on the passenger side door. He smiled his sexy smile when he saw me and I couldn't help but smile back. He opened my door and helped me into the car. He leaned forward and softly kissed me before closing my door and walking round to the driver's side. He climbed in and started the car. 

He drove out of my driveway. We talked and laughed, we ate plenty of junk food. We each took turns sleeping and driving and finally almost twenty hours later we finally arrived at the house. Still early morning, it was dark out. 

He opened his door and got out. I opened mine and followed him round to the trunk. He got out our bags, took my hand and we walked towards the spectacular house.  

The inside was even more amazing. It was beautiful and so modern. The house was literally made of glass with windows stretching from the ceiling to the floor. Every room had fantastic views. And there was a pool and a hot tub. The house was huge and on the beach... literally his backyard was on the beach.  

Eli put the bags down and showed me around.  

"You can hear the waves crashing," I remarked. "This is so amazing, Eli, thank you," I said as I wandered around the massive rooms.  

"No problem, Bren," he said smiling.  

He took my hand and led me upstairs, then into a large bedroom. "Sorry there's only one bed. Do you mind sharing with me," he smirked. 

"Not at all," I laughed softly. 

"Good, though I would have locked you in here anyway," he laughed pulling me to him. 

"So can we go in the pool?" I asked against his lips. 

"It's practically still the middle of the night, Bren." 

I pouted. "Please." He came closer to me wrapping his strong tattooed arms around my small waist. I stood up on my tip toes as I wrapped my arms around his neck pulling him closer to me. I brought his lips down to mine almost touching them. "Please, it's my birthday, you have to do want I want on my birthday," I said against his lips. 

"I'd be stupid to say no to that," he said smugly. 

He grabbed my hand and dragged me out the door, down the stairs and into the backyard. He picked me up and started running towards the pool. 

"We're still wearing our clothes," I laughed. 

"We'll soon change that," he grinned.  

He stopped at the edge of the pool and setting me down beside him. I pulled off my tee as he unbuttoned his shirt. We both shrugged out of our pants and we were now both in our underwear.  

He grabbed my wrist and jumped into the pool pulling me in with him.  

He swam towards me and pinned me against the edge of the pool, his dark eyes staring into my blue ones. I wrapped my legs around his waist and snaked my arms around his neck closing the small amount of space left between us.  

His lips touched mine gently at first but soon we were both eager and he slipped in his tongue. We kissed intensely as he held me against the pool. I felt his hardness and I wanted him. His hands grabbed my ass squeezing gently. I moaned into his kiss and he held me tighter. He pulled away his forehead resting gently on mine. 

"Eli," I whispered.  

His dark eyes looked directly into mine. "Yes," he murmured. 

"I want you," I whispered and I kissed his bare chest.  

"I want you too," he smirked. "I always do." He pulled me against his chest, wrapping his arms around my back and pressing his lips to mine. I held onto his neck and kissed him back. He pushed me against the wall as we made out in the pool.  

Finally, we pulled apart. He pulled himself out using the side of the pool, then grabbed my hands and pulled me up too. Drenched and laughing we ran back into the house and up the stairs. Still soaking wet he pulled us down onto the bed.

I lay across Elijah's chest as his fingers traced over my spine.  

"So, it's midday think we should get up now, Bren," he said as he continued to trace patterns on my back.  

"Nope, I'm quite happy here," I smiled. 

"We are in sunny Florida, there's so much to see and do and you want to stay in bed."  

"It's my birthday, I can do want I want."  

"Well, I've got to admit, if it was my birthday or any day at all for that matter, I would want to spent it in bed with you... But we wouldn't be sleeping," he said smugly.  

"You're such a guy," I laughed and I playfully smacked him.  

"Yep, I am," he laughed. He tilted my head up to kiss me. 

I wrapped my arms around his neck pulling his lips to mine. He rolled over me pressing me into the bed.  

He stared at me his face suddenly serious. I saw guilt flash in his dark eyes. 

"I'm so sorry for being a jerk, Bren, for being such a senseless ass. I hate it. I hate me. You know I don't mean to hurt you, I don't choose to leave... I wish I wasn't who I am... um... if I could tell you I would..."  

I put my finger gently to his lips stopping his words. "Shush, it's okay, you don't have to explain. I don't want to get into this argument right now. Not here. Not when we're happy. I don't want to be mad at you. I know you love me and that's all that matters. I mean, look where you've brought me for my birthday."  

He frowned at me. "You trust me far too much."  

"Eli, I don't. I mean, if I didn't trust you even just a little bit, I would go crazy tormenting myself with all the unpleasant things my brain has come up with for what you could be keeping from me." I sighed. "I love you and I know you're not cheating on me but it is hard." 

He rolled onto his side and stared at me. "I cause you a lot of stress don't I?"  

"I'm fine. You just do what you have to. I do trust you," I whispered. 

He kissed my lips lightly. "Since it's you birthday I'll make you breakfast in bed... well, more like lunch in bed now."  

I laughed. "Thanks." I pulled him to me and kissed him gently. 

He got off the bed and walked to the door. He stopped, his dark eyes just watching me.  

"What?" I asked embarrassed.  

"Nothing. I just love you," he said smiling and he left the room.